Look at this strange Book of Jashar!

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Look at this strange Book of Jashar!

Post by Fliegender »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 am

I've read parts of (the book of mormon), but I don't agree with it.
it isn't a christian text. mormonism is polytheistic so it's normal that you not agree with it. wait...wait...i'm getting a chanelling from joseph smith...''ye beist not thy avowed god of thy wurld'' 

???

(...sorry. i could never understand what that dingbat meant either.)
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Fliegender wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:48 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 am

I've read parts of (the book of mormon), but I don't agree with it.
it isn't a christian text. mormonism is polytheistic so it's normal that you not agree with it. wait...wait...i'm getting a chanelling from joseph smith...''ye beist not thy avowed god of thy wurld'' 

???

(...sorry. i could never understand what that dingbat meant either.)
I don't think it's good that you joke about dabbling in the occult.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:52 pm
i'm neither joking nor dabbling in the occult. wait, wait...i'm getting a channeling from perry mason...''tell the kid to not take himself so seriously.''
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:59 pm
i'm neither joking nor dabbling in the occult. wait, wait...i'm getting a channeling from perry mason...''tell the kid to not take himself so seriously.''
I don't think it's good humor etiquette to joke about Perry Mason, when the person you are joking with, has to Google "Perry Mason".
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:38 pm
I don't think it's good humor etiquette to joke about Perry Mason, when the person you are joking with, has to Google "Perry Mason".
I actually knew Perry Mason from MeTV, he's a detective of sorts and had a TV show in the 60s. Quite popular for the time.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:47 pm
I actually knew Perry Mason from MeTV, he's a detective of sorts and had a TV show in the 60s. Quite popular for the time.
Good for you thatkidakayoungguy!

You're more well-rounded than I have you credit for!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I'm told Byblos once met Raymond Burr at a Dairy Queen back in the late '50s :mrgreen: !

I'm too young to remember colorless TV shows! :esmile:

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

who’s joking? i don’t joke. if perry channels me i can’t lie about the source to fit the audience. are you suggesting i be untruthful? what kinda christian are you?
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:32 pm

who’s joking? i don’t joke. if perry channels me i can’t lie about the source to fit the audience. are you suggesting i be untruthful? what kinda christian are you?
Please forgive me. I never met a real channeler*. Had I known, I wouldn't have assumed you were joking.

*Can you channel Tiny Tim for me?

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:09 pm Please forgive me. I never met a real channeler*. Had I known, I wouldn't have assumed you were joking.

*Can you channel Tiny Tim for me?
channeling isn’t like picking up your phone and calling someone. if mr khaury wants to communicate with you, i would be honored to channel for a bored moderator.
-John Stuart Mill
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Fliegender wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Well he is on METv on occassion, much like Kojak, the Rifleman, Brady Bunch, and various others.....btw can you 'channel' PBS Newshour for us?
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:56 pm ....btw can you 'channel' PBS Newshour for us?
I can only channel the dead and the brain dead. Wait...wait...I’m getting a channeling...

“...there was no collusion...He lied about a lot of things but he didn’t lie on that! There was no collusion. It’s all just a big witch hunt...”
-John Stuart Mill
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Fliegender wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:39 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:56 pm ....btw can you 'channel' PBS Newshour for us?
I can only channel the dead and the brain dead. Wait...wait...I’m getting a channeling...

“...there was no collusion...He lied about a lot of things but he didn’t lie on that! There was no collusion. It’s all just a big witch hunt...”
Speaking of brain dead, where does the age of accountability stand for most? There's a guy in a nearby city who is mentally handicapped like a 2 or 3 year old, and is still in the chewing on toys stage and wears a helmet. Is he held accountable for any actions even ones that harm others?
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:01 pm Speaking of brain dead, where does the age of accountability stand for most? There's a guy in a nearby city who is mentally handicapped like a 2 or 3 year old, and is still in the chewing on toys stage and wears a helmet. Is he held accountable for any actions even ones that harm others?
the age of accountability varies according to the jurisdiction in which you live. “age of accountability” is a legal - and therefore, secular - concept. so it’s like if you have two homes, one in guatemala and one in america. a pool in guatemala doesn’t need to be fenced for protection but in america it does. same pool, same dangers, different laws.
-John Stuart Mill
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Fliegender wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:16 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:01 pm Speaking of brain dead, where does the age of accountability stand for most? There's a guy in a nearby city who is mentally handicapped like a 2 or 3 year old, and is still in the chewing on toys stage and wears a helmet. Is he held accountable for any actions even ones that harm others?
the age of accountability varies according to the jurisdiction in which you live. “age of accountability” is a legal - and therefore, secular - concept. so it’s like if you have two homes, one in guatemala and one in america. a pool in guatemala doesn’t need to be fenced for protection but in america it does. same pool, same dangers, different laws.
Bruh.
Really?
I mean you're not technically wrong, but you trolled my question.