Denial of the Supernatural aspects of God and the demonic

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Denial of the Supernatural aspects of God and the demonic

Post by Blessed »

B. W. wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:23 am Folks, opening this thread to investigate the current denial of the supernatural workings of God today and the reasons why the demonic realm is denied today in modern Christian denominations and schools. We have a whole new crop of pastors coming out of seminaries very ill equipped to deal this subject.

1- Ancient Pagan gods of Canaanite/Mesopotamian/Greek/Egyptian religions are treated as harmless myths while the bible is filled with examples of God's wrath pour out on those who practiced such in both the OT and NT.

2-This has lead to the rise of the occult in America today where there are more witches than Presbyterians in America. More New Age occultism passed off as Christian where they practice Yoga, Fire Tunnels, Angel Cards and Angels Boards, and a host of stuff as well as a new form of Astral Projection as Christian in the church.

3-Much of the Church relying of seeker sensitive model of Church growth know as the Peter Drucker model see:
https://www.christianitytoday.com/pasto ... l2014.html

4- NYC Hillsong movement and its errors and occult symbolism used in its services

5-Denial that there is a real hell being taught in Churches and all is heaven only

6-Basic Christian salvation Doctrine is not important and downplayed

7-Sermons mainly on "ITS ALL ABOUT YOU" and "God is your loving servant"

8-the loss of the meaning of these verses concerning God's Grace:

Proverbs 3:34 Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.

James 4:5-8,"Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"? But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

1 Peter 5:5 "...Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." NKJV

Which shows that God's grace indeed comes with a condition - clarified in...

Titus 2:11-15, "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you." NKJV

Think about that verse and what the modern teaching on grace which basically says - anything goes...

9-Boring dead Churches devoid of truth of the bible in them

10-The church becoming more relevant to the world's culture see - John 15:19, 1 John 2:15

Midst all this, more folks are leaving churches by disillusionment and falling into the occult and paganism. Or simply left to die alone without hope and God in this world.

All this falls on the shoulders of all those who deny the supernaturalness of God Himself as active and alive today. Who teach the ancient pagan religions as harmless myths and cute moral stories. Deny that there were fallen angels who corrupted humanity and still do so today. Deny demons as real despite the evidence of their works seen on the news as they influence people to kill, rob, and destroy.

All who have brought in Positivism into the Churches and Seminaries as the only manner to properly interpret scripture while the world and much of the modern church world sides further down hill.

Folks this is a controversial subject as it forces folks to look at themselves and the world around them.

I worked in the field of criminal justice and involved with court system and with the front line police offices who are in the line of fire. We all have seen evil you have 'no' idea about. I cleaned body bags of crime scenes victims and seen enough gore that I am numb to it.

I travel to speak to different churches, locations, do radio shows, and have to deal with oppressed people and folks desiring suicide. Have to deal with parents watching their kids lose their faith in colleges when they learn about ancient paganism and how Enki gave birth to the God of the bible - which is false.

I Have to deal with folks who don't know what to do because what their churches do and teach does not help them as they feel they cannot really tell what is going on in the home with shadow people, slender man, strange going on as they get mocked and told to get on meds and don;t worry about it.

Well the gates of hell are winning against the church but not for long for those who know God and are known by him...

This is open to discussion - peace...
-
-
-

I am not one to talk because I am not attending church for a long time. Nor are almost all the people I knew who used to attend like clockwork. They either go occassionally or not at all. When I ask why I can't get an answer. Just "I'm not sure". I wonder if allot of people feel the same way about the modern PC church and are just sitting at home or alone.

I just watch Charles Stanly from home. When I think about him passing on I almost start crying because he is literally the last good Pastor, or one of the last ones I've seen on TV left.

I don't know where to go to find a good church. So I just sit at home alone. I went to a few places in CA before but they were not for me because they very PC and feel good vapid feeling. One place was really nice but everyone had all these problems! I got scared and ran away. The old church we used to go also changed. The good Pastor left and was replaced by a simpy yes man and a modern PC women. Sorry ladies but the Bible says no women Pastors. Perhaps because of Eve. Who knows. But that's what it says.

Allot of people willfully ignore aspects of scripture find uncomfortable or whatever doesnt mean them "feel good". I don't understand this aspect of human nature. Why is "feeling good" more important than the truth. Why are you going to a church just to hear what you want to hear? It seems like a human shortcoming.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Blessed: I don't know where to go to find a good church.
Here are a few ideas on Church attendance and how to find a good church. And note, Scripture teaches the great importance of meeting regularly with other Believers in fellowship, worship, and endeavors He has in mind for each individual community of Believers:

Don't give up! The New Testament is all about learning how to "do" Church - and how very important God views our coming together with other believers. It's part of how he changes us - that is, imperfect people constantly rubbing shoulders with other imperfect people, per God's guidance. He's poured different spiritual gifts in to different people, and so it is through other Believers that God teaches, speaks to us, and grows us the most - and us, them. As opposed to living out "Lone Ranger Christianity," one will never come close to experiencing the power of God in their life if they aren't coming in close proximity to other Christians in whatever church setting - and however that might look like (could be just a few guys meeting at a coffees shop once a week. It might be a house church. Doesn't have to be a traditional church. And the ability to impact others, our communities, and the world for Christ, and in all kinds of ways, is vastly expanded by being part of a local Christian community. But you'll never find what God wants for you, per a Christian fellowship, by sitting at home on your duff, or not being intentional about seeking one. Constantly PRAY that God will lead you to the right fellowship of Believers.

Don't expect to find perfect people without complications or challenges in a church - as NO church is without these. Don't be so thin-skinned! And it's precisely why this is exactly where such people belong - and God can use others to help grow you, and you, them. We change each others by association: "Iron sharpens iron!" But there will always be someone that you might not like. But that's okay. Don't let this keep you from seeking a good church. In fact, I think anyone not at least truly seeking a good church doesn't really understand how important God sees our coming together with other believers is. Of course, Godandscience IS a community of believers - but such a community as we are is no substitute for truly meeting and living out our mutual Christian walk by actually meeting and seeing each other in the flesh.

OK, how to be intentionally looking for a church? Literally, I was past 50 when I finally found a church I really think models what the church should be, that is founded upon and follows the New Testament example of what Jesus and the Apostles taught about what the Church is supposed to be, organized, and how it functions. And I personally spent many years of staying away from attending a church. So, I began my search by asking others I respected about churches they knew of or attended. I really was wary of denominations, as many of them have some traditions that aren't Scriptural. Many add some man-made traditions (or what I call RELIGIOUS practices) to Scripture. And I absolutely HATE religion!!! So, as I had begun attending non-denominational churches that are strictly Biblically based in belief, I've found that, if the church is truly following Biblical teachings and the NT's model for the church, that many non-denominational evangelical churches have been the best. And so I began searching Google maps for just such "non-denominational" or "community" churches that would be at least somewhat close to me. And we began to visit some of these. But most importantly, keep praying about where God will have you - and don't just pray - get out there and LOOK!

Also, many churches have websites linked to Google Maps, and so one of the first things I would do is look up what their websites say about their beliefs - usually under an "About Us" or "Our Beliefs" tabs. I wanted be sure the church is Christ-centered and believes He is essential to salvation - that He's the ONLY way to Heaven, and that it teaches the Resurrection, the Gospel, and the importance of collectively obeying the "Great Commission" of evangelizing. I like churches that have elders that are elected and that the pastors and elders have accountability before the Body of Believers. I want to see financial transparency - that finances are always available upon request. I like churches that anyone can show up in ripped jeans or shorts and sandals and feel right at home. Anyway, a lot can be found out through church websites, or in calling the church office to ask some questions. Unless one lives in a very remote place, there are good churches to be found. Heck, I live out in the sticks, but still found a great church not terribly far away.

But I would encourage and challenge anyone who can't seem to find a good church - you aren't going to find it without being intentional about your search. Or thinking to yourself, "Well, if God leads me to a church, THEN I'll go." Don't deceive yourself - that's a great justification for just staying home! God is very unlikely to show you a church home if you aren't TRULY out looking and seeking! And so you aren't going to find a good church by just sitting on your sofa. And so being intentional means exactly that - truly START looking AND praying about where God would have you. Are YOU doing THAT? And if one is not doing these, A) I don't think they understand how important God views the regular meeting with other Believers, and B) I don't think they are serious about it, and C) They are greatly shortchanging themselves and others per what regularly participating in community brings a person. Which is a great tragedy. Had a bad church experience? Who hasn't! Shake it off and find out where God might lead you! And note, God's Scripture instructs us to seek out a local community of Believers!

Hebrews 10: 24: "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."

Matthew 18:20: "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Acts 20:7: "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread..." (Note: The Bible says one's practice of meeting with other Believers does not have to be SUNDAY - it can be any day one chooses).

I hope the above positively challenges and encourages someone!

Blessings!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Sorry ladies but the Bible says no women Pastors. Perhaps because of Eve. Who knows. But that's what it says.
What?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 am
Sorry ladies but the Bible says no women Pastors. Perhaps because of Eve. Who knows. But that's what it says.
What?
I think he was referring to 1 Timothy 2:11-14

11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first [h]created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It can be no accident that God did not choose to have any chick apostles! Even Judas' replacement was male. And the criteria for elders and pastors all refer to only males, and the pronoun references for them are all male gender ones: https://www.acts29.com/biblical-qualifi ... -a-pastor/. It is inconceivable that this is an accident. And no, Rick, it has not one thing to do with them being any less capable, or less qualified or as intelligent.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

*cough* Junia *Cough*.

Also, what qualified one as an apostle?
Well, for sure:
Been with Jesus during His time on earth (earthly ministry)
Seen the Resurrected Christ
Been chosen by Jesus Himself.

Well...are we suggesting that NONE of the women that followed Jesus were apostles ??

Where did Jesus say that only a man could be an apostle? a preacher?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 am *cough* Junia *Cough*.

Well, for sure:

Well...are we suggesting that NONE of the women that followed Jesus were apostles ??

First, there's no consensus that The name translated as "Junia" is a woman's name.

But for the sake of the discussion, let's assume Junia is a woman. Where does it say that Junia was an apostle?

See this link for context to my question.

Regardless, What does this subject have to do with the thread? y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: regardless, What does this subject have to do with the thread? y:-?
Exactly!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 pm
PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 am *cough* Junia *Cough*.

Well, for sure:

First, there's no consensus that The name translated as "Junia" is a woman's name.

But for the sake of the discussion, let's assume Junia is a woman. Where does it say that Junia was an apostle?

See this link for context to my question.

Regardless, What does this subject have to do with the thread? y:-?
What doe sit have to do with t his thread?
Well, blessed brought it up, so..

As for Junia being a man, well, I suppose there could be an exception to the rule, much like Kim or Pat, but ther eis no reason to go with the exception in this case, so.
Sure Junia may not have been an apostle ( the verse can be read to suggest she was or at least was among the apostles)but Mary was, no?

But not a big issue for me one way or another, juts wanted to point out to blessed that women had prominent roles in the Church.