Study of End Times Not A Waste

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Davy
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes

Study of End Times Not A Waste

Post by Davy »

Some brethren wrongly think that studying Bible prophecy about these last days we're living in is a waste of time; and that because of a wrongful assumption that no one can really know what the Bible prophecies mean, since there's so much bickering and disagreement between different schools. In reality, that kind of thinking is the same thing as someone saying, "I don't understand Bible prophecy for the end, therefore, Bible prophecy for the end cannot be understood."

Those types may as well put God's Word upon a shelf and then just watch to see what happens, all the way to the end of this world. Do you think our Lord Jesus will be pleased with those at the end, since He commanded us to be on watch, even giving us the signs of the very end? Those are in confusion.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Study of End Times Not A Waste

Post by RickD »

We already have a topic going on this subject.
Let's keep it in one thread please.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42557&sid=32185188 ... a9b630d697

And FYI, if you actually read the thread, you'd see that nobody is claiming that studying the end times is a waste of time.

The issue is obsession with the end times.

Please respond in the thread I linked above, so we can keep this in one thread.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony