Are only men supposed to go into the military?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Are only men supposed to go into the military?

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:06 am I responded to your comment because it’s elist and bullcrap.
It’s not difficult to look outside of your own box to see how that viewpoint is very narrow.
I get it your American and somehow you guys are lost in your own sense of grandeur.
From a foreigner, we see you as the agressor. In this century many a conflict could have been avoided if not your self serving reasons. Many women and children have died at the hands of American aggression. Millions in fact. And many are awoken up to it.
Saying that allied, not just American intervention against Nazis is elitist?

So, you speak for all foreigners?

All Americans have illusions of grandeur?

Are you forgetting the millions of lives that the allies, including Americans, saved by intervening in Europe in WW2?

Mel,

It seems to me that first you need to get the log out of your own eye, and look outside your left leaning box, before you start judging me and my motivation. Not very tolerant, now are you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Rick fair call and I’m not Judging you.
That was a pretty scathing response on my part and I didn’t mean it personally but it really came across that way.
So I apologise.
And you are right, there has been some necessary military action that only the US could have enforced which secured a better outcome for everyone.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

It is important to not see it as an issue with this or that particular nation or people - that is where buying into the politics of our society, our world, and the set political narratives which serve to cause division to keep this or that leader in power.

From a Christian position, the issue is and always has been a human one. Where ever there be humans - you, me, others - there will always be evil leaders. Power corrupts us as does our appetite for self-grandeur and selfishness.

This will be the way it'll be until God finally draws the curtains and we each stand before him. Though the current state of the world shouldn't stop us, as Christians, trying to be a light in the darkness and confusion, in whatever way we see is good according to our conscience.

Let's not judge one another as either "left" or "right" - such belongs to the world of our day. Instead, let's just be what Christ made us to be, complete with our own thoughts and experiences. Yes, correcting each other sure, but such correction should be personal and loving rather than a lambasting. In Christ we have unity, are glued together, and if you believe another is in Christ then there's no reason to lambast rather than appeal.

God has raised us each within our own area, with an ability to target unique kinds of people that some other Christian might not be able to reach due their allotment in life. The main thing is that our own conscience is clear throughout what we do, and as one grows in life, they'll find they change in their walk with Christ.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm
1over137 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 am When I was one day in Israel, I saw women-soldiers. So I suppose, in Isreal also woman serve in military.
If Israeli combat instructors look like this, I'll volunteer to be "instructed".
Make her more heavyset or amazonian and I'm in.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

We know Deborah was in battle. Good doesn't say military is evil but why one does is
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:23 am Rick fair call and I’m not Judging you.
That was a pretty scathing response on my part and I didn’t mean it personally but it really came across that way.
So I apologise.
And you are right, there has been some necessary military action that only the US could have enforced which secured a better outcome for everyone.
Mel,

I'm glad you agree that the best policy is to kill them all, and let God sort them out!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 pm We know Deborah was in battle. Good doesn't say military is evil but why one does is
The military in the US is good because it allows women to feel like they are equal to men.

-Edward R Murrow

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I don't want to judge so do you want women to be equal to men?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 pm I don't want to judge so do you want women to be equal to men?
Men can pee standing up. Women cannot.

-Edward R Murrow

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

We can if we don't want to sit on the toilet
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Women can bear children. Men cannot.

Men are physically stronger than women, on average.

Still think men and women are equal?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

People need to realize that equal does not mean being the same or of having the same abilities.

BTW, ever notice all of these universities that have departments of women's studied - but never men's studies? y:-? And LGBT studies, but not heterosexual ones? y#-o
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

People need to realize that equal does not mean being the same or of having the same abilities.
Yes, it depends on the context.

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 am

BTW, ever notice all of these universities that have departments of women's studied - but never men's studies? y:-? And LGBT studies, but not heterosexual ones? y#-o
Other people are waking up to that, women and men alike.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm
UsagiTsukino wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 pm We know Deborah was in battle. Good doesn't say military is evil but why one does is
The military in the US is good because it allows women to feel like they are equal to men.
It's a good source of income and, while it's stressful, compared to the civilian world you have a stable foundation unless you commit something worthy of dishonorable discharge. That's another reason why a lot join, they provide your needs.