Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#61

Post by BavarianWheels » Fri May 11, 2018 1:35 pm

neo-x wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:00 pm
BavarianWheels wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:17 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:13 am
The law put into context, into words, into order, what sin is.
People, even without the law, knew good and evil.
The Law was simply the next "evolution" of that understanding, just like Christ was the next "evolution" of the law.
So is murder no longer sin?
.
.
Bav, this is a silly question. Did you see my post on the previous page?
Is it so silly there is no distinct answer or are you all simply refusing to answer because you think it silly?

If it is silly, will you indulge me with an answer anyway?
.
.

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 104 times
Contact:

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#62

Post by neo-x » Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Sure Bav. Everything is a sin that is against God's will. Murder included. But to think that your defense in terms of the decalouge being part of the law, is a reductio ad absurdum, is a disappointing argument.

Why would you think that I would not see the obvious? Instead of putting me in a "Got you" argument, We could simply discuss. It at least should show that I still see murder wrong even though claim that the law including the ten are dead to us.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.


//johnadavid.wordpress.com

mrtzur2015
Recognized Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#63

Post by mrtzur2015 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:45 am

neo-x wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Sure Bav. Everything is a sin that is against God's will. Murder included. But to think that your defense in terms of the decalouge being part of the law, is a reductio ad absurdum, is a disappointing argument.

Why would you think that I would not see the obvious? Instead of putting me in a "Got you" argument, We could simply discuss. It at least should show that I still see murder wrong even though claim that the law including the ten are dead to us.
Disobeying God was always sin. We do not need the law for that.
Adam and Eve sinned when they ate from the tree.. God clearly commanded them not to.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 296 times

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#64

Post by PaulSacramento » Mon May 14, 2018 5:22 am

BavarianWheels wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:17 pm
PaulSacramento wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 am
It's a silly question that had ZERO to do with what I posted.

Murder was always a sin, even before ANY law was written.

As Paul noted, even the pagans that did not know the Law, had the law in their hearts.
Well, again, from your wording above it would SEEM one could conclude you believe Murder to now be lawful.

All your wording is past-tense.
.
.
That is non-sequitur since Murder and theft and many other things were ALWAYS a sin even before the Law, your point is not only irrelevant, it is also dishonest.
Seems you are implying that people would be lost with the OT Law, which is absurd.

At best one can argue that the law was needed to point the way to Christ.

The natural evolution of it being:
God puts moral understanding in men's hearts and minds.
That understanding evolves to rules and regulations withing society.
A Law is given to "set in stone" what is expected and required and mandatory ( for the various different classes also- specific LAWS along with general Laws).
People focus on the Law rather than what is the POINT of the law ( to be God's people).
Christ comes and fulfills ( Embodies) The POINT of the Law - which is to bring people to God.
Christ is THE WAY and the LIGHT and the only path to salvation ( from Judgment).

None of this makes what is wrong right or what is right, wrong.
To suggest otherwise is simply strange.

Sure certain aspects became a matter of choice as opposed to enforced for some groups, circumcision, dietary restrictions and special days for example, BUT we don't confuse CORPORATE responsibility being SUPERSEDED by PERSONAL responsibility ( which is what Following Christ did) with right and wrong no longer mattering.

That conclusion doesn't even make any sense NOR have I ever heard anyone draw that conclusion before.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#65

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am

neo-x wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Sure Bav. Everything is a sin that is against God's will. Murder included. But to think that your defense in terms of the decalouge being part of the law, is a reductio ad absurdum, is a disappointing argument.

Why would you think that I would not see the obvious? Instead of putting me in a "Got you" argument, We could simply discuss. It at least should show that I still see murder wrong even though claim that the law including the ten are dead to us.
It's disappointing to you since you have come to the conclusion somehow apart from actual words from scripture, that the law is no longer law! Prove it.

We are redeemed from the curse of the law. We cannot keep the law in order to BE righteous, but we must be seen through righteousness to be DECLARED righteous. What we cannot do, Christ has done for us.

If I drive my son from point A to point B, following the speed law(s), that doesn't allow my son, when he drives alone to say the law is no longer binding on him. It's illogical! It's not even what the scriptures say. Rather Paul says, "we uphold the law." the law is "holy, righteous and true" The law points at sin! When/where did it stop pointing at sin?

It's only a "gotcha" moment if you've been promoting lawlessness...and if it is your position that the law was done away with, then simply put up the act of God that does the exact opposite of what He did on the 7th day of creation and at Sinai.

Because removal of law is serious! Where as being seen THROUGH Christ's righteousness doesn't remove the law! If it were simply a matter of removing law, then Christ died for nothing! How is it you can't see that?
.
.

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 104 times
Contact:

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#66

Post by neo-x » Mon May 14, 2018 1:38 pm

BavarianWheels wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am
neo-x wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Sure Bav. Everything is a sin that is against God's will. Murder included. But to think that your defense in terms of the decalouge being part of the law, is a reductio ad absurdum, is a disappointing argument.

Why would you think that I would not see the obvious? Instead of putting me in a "Got you" argument, We could simply discuss. It at least should show that I still see murder wrong even though claim that the law including the ten are dead to us.
It's disappointing to you since you have come to the conclusion somehow apart from actual words from scripture, that the law is no longer law! Prove it.

We are redeemed from the curse of the law. We cannot keep the law in order to BE righteous, but we must be seen through righteousness to be DECLARED righteous. What we cannot do, Christ has done for us.

If I drive my son from point A to point B, following the speed law(s), that doesn't allow my son, when he drives alone to say the law is no longer binding on him. It's illogical! It's not even what the scriptures say. Rather Paul says, "we uphold the law." the law is "holy, righteous and true" The law points at sin! When/where did it stop pointing at sin?

It's only a "gotcha" moment if you've been promoting lawlessness...and if it is your position that the law was done away with, then simply put up the act of God that does the exact opposite of what He did on the 7th day of creation and at Sinai.

Because removal of law is serious! Where as being seen THROUGH Christ's righteousness doesn't remove the law! If it were simply a matter of removing law, then Christ died for nothing! How is it you can't see that?
.
.
Not at all. It is disappointing because of the nature of the argument - it's absurd.

I said the law is dead to us. Everything that is a sin can be known in Christ. Through their fruits. Did paul ever quoted the law to identify sin in the new testament? He didn't. Because the task master is dead. The old husband died.
I understand where you are coming from though I was raised the same way. Its a hard mold to break. You are carrying burdens that don't even apply to you.

Byw when you say the law remains in effect do you mean the entire law or selective?
Thanks
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.


//johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Was Jesus Resurrection actually on a Sunday?

#67

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon May 14, 2018 1:56 pm

neo-x wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:38 pm
Not at all. It is disappointing because of the nature of the argument - it's absurd.

I said the law is dead to us. Everything that is a sin can be known in Christ. Through their fruits. Did paul ever quoted the law to identify sin in the new testament? He didn't. Because the task master is dead. The old husband died.
I understand where you are coming from though I was raised the same way. Its a hard mold to break. You are carrying burdens that don't even apply to you.

Byw when you say the law remains in effect do you mean the entire law or selective?
Thanks
God's law that brings awareness of sin is dead? I don't think so.

Rather God has taken on the curse of the law and it is the curse that is dead because if the law is dead, then why are you conforming to all of the law except one command?

I have no burden to keep the law ( for salvation ) because the law NEVER EVER provided salvation to a sinner! The law, Paul says is not nullified, but rather UP HELD! If it is upheld, it cannot be dead unless we're in some religion that upholds the dead or death. Are you?

The 10 commandments remain in effect as a manner in which we become aware of sin. Romans 3:20 These are the only Law I am speaking about.

The law applies to anyone living by the Spirit. Romans 8:3 is clear that the law is powerless to save and Romans 8:7 says that the flesh cannot/does not submit to God's law. Do you live in the flesh or in the Spirit?
.
.

Post Reply