Howard O Pittman

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Howard O Pittman

Post by Blessed »

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this man and if he is real or fake (i..e a false prophet).

I've been listening to him and am greatly concerned because he states he was a minister and that 97.5% of people are going "the other way". He claims to have spoken to God in heavenly chambers and was rejected by God when he attempted to justify himself worthy of heaven. He goes into this detailed description of events. I am a little disturbed by it.

I am just wondering if anyone here with more knowledge of scripture believes his accounts are real i.e. in line with doctrine.

I am a little disturbed by the amount of material now on you tube with various people claiming various things. "By their fruits ye shall know them" but this is an account of an event so I'm not sure how "by their fruits" applies.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Howard O Pittman

Post by neo-x »

He's a fruit cake# don't lose sleep over it.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

neo-x wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 pm He's a fruit cake# don't lose sleep over it.

Thank you. Because I am losing sleep over it. The man claims that 97.5% of people "go the other way" and that he met God in the council chambers of heaven who said some not no nice things to him. When I clicked on his website I'm seeing "buy books and CD's".

The message I got from the guy is essentially "don't bother to even try to please God because all your good deeds are garbage and there is a 97.5% chance your going to hell anyways".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:
The message I got from the guy is essentially "don't bother to even try to please God because all your good deeds are garbage and there is a 97.5% chance your going to hell anyways".
You should email him and ask him why God didn't reveal the truth to him, regarding the difference between your and you're.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Blessed: I've been listening to him and am greatly concerned because he states he was a minister and that 97.5% of people are going "the other way".
And so he knows this - how? It's in Scripture? (No!) Oh, that's right - he CLAIMED it. Know what God has done with all the major prophets - of which there hasn't been one since the Apostles' time - He established them through miraculous things so no one would doubt that God had empowered them. This guy's so obscure that he's not only not been validated in such ways by God, but we don't even know who he is.
Blessed: He claims to have spoken to God in heavenly chambers and was rejected by God when he attempted to justify himself worthy of heaven.

Um, then how the heck was He in Heaven to begin with??? No one gets there but by one thing: Faith in Christ! And if a person is actually IN Heaven, then they already have been justified - so, why would he have even thought that he needed justification? And if he believed he did - merely by the fact that he was (supposedly) there - then he's a piss-poor minister who doesn't even know Scripture!
Blessed: He goes into this detailed description of events. I am a little disturbed by it.
You must realize that there are all manner of false prophets and people asserting all sorts of things that are totally false, and without witness or validation - not beyond them merely having CLAIMED such a thing. This is no different that all those false prophets who say the world will end on this or that date. Believe me, when God raises someone up that knows prophetic proclamations by God, you will know this person has been given his message by God - he won't just be some loon on an obscure website or cable channel that can only be received via a wire hooked up to your toaster!

And I doubt seriously that the God "who desires ALL people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:4) will only be effective at drawing 2.5% of all people to faith.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Blessed wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 pm
neo-x wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 pm He's a fruit cake# don't lose sleep over it.

Thank you. Because I am losing sleep over it. The man claims that 97.5% of people "go the other way" and that he met God in the council chambers of heaven who said some not no nice things to him. When I clicked on his website I'm seeing "buy books and CD's".

Blessed, to be honest, I am sincerely concerned for you, that you were troubled by such. Read over Jesus' words in John 3:16-21, and then think about some of the following questions.
  • Did Christ come into the world to condemn or to save? Indeed, if our salvation was dependant upon ourselves, then it wouldn't be 97.5% of people lost but 100%. It seems like PIttman is missing a key part of Jesus' teachings.
  • According the Jesus, what must we do to be saved?
  • Lastly, do you believe Jesus actually existed, can be trusted and said these words?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:42 pm

Blessed, to be honest, I am sincerely concerned for you, that you were troubled by such. Read over Jesus' words in John 3:16-21, and then think about some of the following questions.
  • Did Christ come into the world to condemn or to save? Indeed, if our salvation was dependant upon ourselves, then it wouldn't be 97.5% of people lost but 100%. It seems like PIttman is missing a key part of Jesus' teachings.
  • According the Jesus, what must we do to be saved?
  • Lastly, do you believe Jesus actually existed, can be trusted and said these words?
I am troubled by his claims because he is either lying or telling the truth. Either is disturbing. Obviously him being a fraud is better than his message.

Christ came into the world to save and with a sword.
According to Jesus we must love the Lord god with all our heart mind and soul, and believe in John 3:16
I know Jesus existed. I know he can be trusted. Of course I believe this. I don't see why God would allow the New Testament to exist if it were not so.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:21 pm
Blessed: I've been listening to him and am greatly concerned because he states he was a minister and that 97.5% of people are going "the other way".
And so he knows this - how? It's in Scripture? (No!) Oh, that's right - he CLAIMED it. Know what God has done with all the major prophets - of which there hasn't been one since the Apostles' time - He established them through miraculous things so no one would doubt that God had empowered them. This guy's so obscure that he's not only not been validated in such ways by God, but we don't even know who he is.
Blessed: He claims to have spoken to God in heavenly chambers and was rejected by God when he attempted to justify himself worthy of heaven.

Um, then how the heck was He in Heaven to begin with??? No one gets there but by one thing: Faith in Christ! And if a person is actually IN Heaven, then they already have been justified - so, why would he have even thought that he needed justification? And if he believed he did - merely by the fact that he was (supposedly) there - then he's a piss-poor minister who doesn't even know Scripture!
Blessed: He goes into this detailed description of events. I am a little disturbed by it.
You must realize that there are all manner of false prophets and people asserting all sorts of things that are totally false, and without witness or validation - not beyond them merely having CLAIMED such a thing. This is no different that all those false prophets who say the world will end on this or that date. Believe me, when God raises someone up that knows prophetic proclamations by God, you will know this person has been given his message by God - he won't just be some loon on an obscure website or cable channel that can only be received via a wire hooked up to your toaster!

And I doubt seriously that the God "who desires ALL people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:4) will only be effective at drawing 2.5% of all people to faith.

Thank you for your reply. I was reading it today. It made me feel better. I am sorry I act like a jerk sometimes on these forums to you Philip. I've been having a difficult time of it mentally and emotionally lately. Apologies.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

To be honest this guy's message is garbage. Because he doesn't know god. When your child does something to please you, even though its something as simple as bringing you a glass of water. Do you think its garbage?

Why would then God think so if we follow his word and commands. He sees us trying and failing but that's what is to be expected.

The term of works as garbage is used to denounce work based salvation. Other than that God delights in our obedience to him. Why wouldn't he.

God loves you and for that he gave his son away. If you accept Christ, you are God's child. Nothing you do can change that.

So take heart and don't sweat over this. This guy's message is so wrong its beyond ridiculous. God is not a judge to us, not an executioner, but a father. So see him as such.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

neo-x wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:35 am

To be honest this guy's message is garbage. Because he doesn't know god. When your child does something to please you, even though its something as simple as bringing you a glass of water. Do you think its garbage?

Why would then God think so if we follow his word and commands. He sees us trying and failing but that's what is to be expected.

The term of works as garbage is used to denounce work based salvation. Other than that God delights in our obedience to him. Why wouldn't he.

God loves you and for that he gave his son away. If you accept Christ, you are God's child. Nothing you do can change that.

So take heart and don't sweat over this. This guy's message is so wrong its beyond ridiculous. God is not a judge to us, not an executioner, but a father. So see him as such.
I would guess God is not a judge looking for any excuse to condemn (because that would not take any effort). But the Bible tells us he is a judge but righteous and pure in all judgement.

This man makes it seem as if he lived a life of obedience in missionary work, helping orphans, the less fortunate, and unbelievers come to Christ, only to be spit at in open council chambers as garbage which, if such a scenario existed in heaven no man would be Holy enough to even step foot in it, much less question God in it. I believe the bible says something to the effect of no man can see God and live.

The thing that bothers me is how this man, Mary K Baxter, and others, can make up these elaborate stories as fact and go on book tours without any conscience of what they are doing. I do believe in near death experiences and know these to be real. However it seems allot of people are jumping on the band wagon with NDE stories and books. That's how the devil pollutes everything. Something truthful happens to a chosen few and here comes the crowds to jump the train and cash in monetarily.

I think the best why to judge someone like this is their actions. When you have a highly educated atheist like Howard Strom with high paying job with huge benefits and tenure, quit his job and make a profound life change as a minister barely making ends meet, working in obscurity where the hard work gets done - those deeds are evidence. Vs. when you have a guy like this whose sole activities are public speaking and book selling tours.

No missionary trips. Just 700 club interviews and "Buy my book" "Buy my book". I understand the missionary work is funded by the books but when you are doing NO missionary work or have changed your lifestyle and there is this much detail which seems to be missing from scriptures or contradicts it - it's just like Mary K Baxter. 40 days and 40 nights. Skeletons burning in lava. The women just looks like a cheap blonde con artist to me.

These people make me upset. They take away from those with authentic experiences. I try to keep an open mind so they scare me but I can't figure out how someone does this and lives with themselves being a full time lair and a fraud. It makes me sick.

But then again, evil comes in many forms so, I should not be surprised if this is one of them.
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

Hrm... from https://www.near-death.com/religion/chr ... ttman.html the only thing that seems questionable is
It was explained to me that at the same time those fifty saints died on Earth, 1,950 other humans also died; or only 50 out of 2000 made it into Heaven. That other 1,950 were not there. Where were they? That was only 2 percent going to Heaven! Ninety seven point five percent did not make it! Is that representative of the entire would today? If so, 97 and percent of the population of this world today is not ready to meet God.
I would imagine, if the bible is to be trusted, it should be closer to 30% of the world's population going to heaven, unless just a lot of atheists happened to die that day?

Reading from his story, he was trying to justify himself in front of God through his WORKS, which do not save, and God said his FAITH was dead. We're supposed to seek God first, and then works will be added to us. God said he was like a Pharisee, trying to do works to get to God, while living only for himself. It also seemed like God needed to knock him down a peg.

Honestly if it's bothering you that much just stick with the bible, I don't think God would blame you for that. The bible promises that if we believe in Christ, we will be saved. This is a bible promise, and God doesn't break his promises!