Caught In Hail Storm

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Caught In Hail Storm

Post by mrtzur2015 »

The fact that Jesus didn’t say it in this words does not mean we are to keep it. We are free from the law.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:09 am The fact that Jesus didn’t say it in this words does not mean we are to keep it. We are free from the law.
We are free from the curse of the law ( Galatians 3:13 )...not the law itself as it brings knowledge of sin ( Romans 3:10 ) , the law is holy and the commandment righteous and good ( Romans 7:12 ). We, therefore being lead by the Spirit, uphold the law. ( Romans 3:31 ).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Bav,

I will respond to your posts when I can. Your points require more time for me to answer, than I have at the moment.

I'm not used to having to put any thought into my posts. It's going to be different than my usual short, sarcastic, ad hom attack and run posts.
:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am Bav,

I will respond to your posts when I can. Your points require more time for me to answer, than I have at the moment.

I'm not used to having to put any thought into my posts. It's going to be different than my usual short, sarcastic, ad hom attack and run posts.
Well, I don't see how it takes so much thought as to whether there were any Jews or Gentiles present when God made the 7th day holy at creation...but ok...you take all the time you need to work up your rationalization.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am

Well, I don't see how it takes so much thought as to whether there were any Jews or Gentiles present when God made the 7th day holy at creation...but ok...you take all the time you need to work up your rationalization.
Rationalization? Why the ad hom? You could've just said "response".

You hurt my feelings :crying:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am
BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am

Rationalization? Why the ad hom? You could've just said "response".

You hurt my feelings :crying:
So you do see the sarcasm. Good...I'm not making stuff up.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am I'm not used to having to put any thought into my posts.
That's sad considering your position here on this forum.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 am
RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am I'm not used to having to put any thought into my posts.
That's sad considering your position here on this forum.
So, you really don't see the sarcasm? :shakehead:

I was joking. I'm at work, and I only have access to my iPhone. I'm going to get scripture to back up what I'm saying. That's what you asked for.

And please stop attacking me. I'm a very sensitive person. I have feelings.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: And please stop attacking me. I'm a very sensitive person. I have feelings.
No, it's true - Rick really does have feelings. Just ask his wife - she tells me that most of them are in his stomach and are also what other people refer to as their taste buds. :P Plus, he's from Massachusetts - where they've perfected sarcasm to a near art form! :lol: Actually, they're almost as good at it as are the Aussies! :wave:
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Philip wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:56 am Plus, he's from Massachusetts - where they've perfected sarcasm to a near art form! :lol: Actually, they're almost as good at it as are the Aussies! :wave:
I've developed a fair talent at sarcasm myself. But the problem is that I'm at the mercy of the moderating team and I may not have as free a reign.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 am I'm going to get scripture to back up what I'm saying. That's what you asked for.
Scripture that states where the Jews were that God directed the Sabbath at them and only them that first 7th day?

I can't wait!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm
RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 am I'm going to get scripture to back up what I'm saying. That's what you asked for.
Scripture that states where the Jews were that God directed the Sabbath at them and only them that first 7th day?

I can't wait!
Bav,

You wrote in post #56 of this thread:
So...to use a term such as "Judaizer" can be condescending and demeaning depending how it is used...and you definitely used it as a means to condescend and demean my position/beliefs...which as of yet, you've not proven unscriptural.
In order to show you from scripture, that your position/beliefs are unscriptural, I need to find scripture to show you.

Does that seem reasonable?

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:07 pm
BavarianWheels wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm

I can't wait!
Bav,

You wrote in post #56 of this thread:
So...to use a term such as "Judaizer" can be condescending and demeaning depending how it is used...and you definitely used it as a means to condescend and demean my position/beliefs...which as of yet, you've not proven unscriptural.
In order to show you from scripture, that your position/beliefs are unscriptural, I need to find scripture to show you.

Does that seem reasonable?
It does...so let's start with the text/scripture that shows God talking to Jews at creation and explicitly giving the Sabbath ONLY to them...
RickD wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm Stick to the issue please.
After, if you wish you can start a thread about all the ways you assert SDAs to be "Judaizers".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Bav,

I'm going to have to respectfully decline to respond as I was going to. I came upon this thread, and read through the majority of it.

I really have nothing new to add, that hasn't already been said by someone in that thread.

-Edward R Murrow

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:12 pm Bav,

I'm going to have to respectfully decline to respond as I was going to. I came upon this thread, and read through the majority of it.

I really have nothing new to add, that hasn't already been said by someone in that thread.
Well...I'm saddened you declined to prove that at creation, God made the Sabbath holy only unto the Jews...that point would end my position/argument abruptly.

...and here I though you said you had all the proof texts.
RickD wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:28 am Would you like me to post specific verses to show you that Christians are not under the law?
There was no argument from me here. We are not under law FOR SALVATION...so, yes, I would like to see your proof texts to show you how you have misinterpreted what it means to be "under law" especially when it's clear Christ died to save us from the CURSE of the law...not in order to remove the law. That would be illogical if the law points out sin!
RickD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am I will respond to your posts when I can. Your points require more time for me to answer, than I have at the moment.
You haven't done what you said you'd do, except to cop-out of defending your own beliefs yourself.

I guess I'll just expect another sarcastic remark from you.