Caught In Hail Storm

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Caught In Hail Storm

Post by Blessed »

I was driving in Daytona Beach today during a rainstorm and marble sized hail started pelting my car (and everyone else's). I started freaking out thinking it would get worse and my adored car (that I'm spending thousands upgrading right now) would get destroyed.

I cut across the intersection trying to find a place to cover and could not find anything but decided to park to reduce the impacts so I pulled up to an Antique shop and their was a huge portrait of Jesus Christ in the window with a cross above it. As I stared at the portrait the hail subsided.

Could this mean anything? Like a message or something? Would could this omen mean?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Caught In Hail Storm

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:14 am I was driving in Daytona Beach today during a rainstorm and marble sized hail started pelting my car (and everyone else's). I started freaking out thinking it would get worse and my adored car (that I'm spending thousands upgrading right now) would get destroyed.

I cut across the intersection trying to find a place to cover and could not find anything but decided to park to reduce the impacts so I pulled up to an Antique shop and their was a huge portrait of Jesus Christ in the window with a cross above it. As I stared at the portrait the hail subsided.

Could this mean anything? Like a message or something? Would could this omen mean?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Perhaps God sent the hail to remind you to think about Jesus and what he has done for you. This is always a good thing to do even if that wasn't the purpose of the hail.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Blessed wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:14 am I was driving in Daytona Beach today during a rainstorm and marble sized hail started pelting my car (and everyone else's). I started freaking out thinking it would get worse and my adored car (that I'm spending thousands upgrading right now) would get destroyed.

Sometimes God's creation naturally leads to God. Is that any wonder? I'm not so quick to jump on the It's-a-sign-from-God wagon, though you might not want to ignore this either way.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Blessed: Could this mean anything? Like a message or something? Would could this omen mean?
Well, as you obviously thought it MIGHT be a sign from God - did you first ask HIM about that - as opposed to strangers on a website? People want to hear from God - and He has said He craves relationship and communication with and us. And yet, most people want to see some miraculous sign, but they never approach God in response to what He's already shown He desires of us. We often act as if we will only communicate with God if He does so in a way that WE desire. Just saying.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Nah .. it was just a marvelous coincidence .. really cool though .. :) There is no message other then Jesus is the way out of the storm or something like that. Which has already been said. Glad I pulled up to that spot ..
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Sarcasm FTW!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

thankfully nothing happened to you, no car accident..
Glad you are ok :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Hail Blessed!

How art thou?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

B. W. wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:50 pm Hail Blessed!

How art thou?
-
-
-
Uhhhhhhh .. Ummmm
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

1over137 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 pm thankfully nothing happened to you, no car accident..
Glad you are ok :)
Yap. I looked up hail storms on You tube and they have some crazy videos .. thankfully they haven't been censored
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

BavarianWheels wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:00 am

Sometimes God's creation naturally leads to God. Is that any wonder? I'm not so quick to jump on the It's-a-sign-from-God wagon, though you might not want to ignore this either way.
Why not? God always gives signs. God is always there with you regardless if you notice it or not.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Why not? God always gives signs. God is always there with you regardless if you notice it or not.
BavarianWheels is a SDA. He's not allowed to notice signs on Saturdays.

-Edward R Murrow

mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

RickD wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:45 pm
mrtzur2015 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm

BavarianWheels is a SDA. He's not allowed to notice signs on Saturdays.
This is why i dont do denominations. Only God can lead us to truth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

mrtzur2015 wrote:
This is why i dont do denominations.
Says the guy who self identifies as a messianic Jew. :poke:

-Edward R Murrow