Jealousy, love, and unjust anger

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Jealousy, love, and unjust anger

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I get these and I don't like it. I need to appreciate what I have but it keeps coming back. Like with relationships for instance and that stuff. OR this unjust anger at frustration.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Jealousy, love, and unjust anger

Post by neo-x »

I used to have that too. But you need not deny these emotions. Think about what is just and unjust not in terms of "this is what I wanted but I didn't get it" but rather "what would be good for me and what isn't". Sometimes our love, anger and jealousy are very justified because they can hurt us too. The thing I learnt is that you have to step back and make sense of it. Find value in yourself. Stop asking for happiness from others. When we give others the power to make us happy, they will most of the times, disappoint us. Move on. Being miserable is the worst. That feeling will not lead to anything better. So don't let it overcome you.

I don't know specifically what you are going through but this is what I learnt. My two cents FWIW.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com