Was Adam and Eve saved?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Was Adam and Eve saved?

Post by Philip »

Also, don't forget, that God's revelation to mankind as to WHO He is and WHAT He is, has been progressively related to man. Those like Abraham and David did not yet have the much fuller understanding of God that we today have, post Jesus birth into human form, and His later death and resurrection. So, did not those of faith, pre-Jesus birth into the world, not believe in the true God? Course they did! Had God changed - wasn't He always Father, Son and Spirit? Absolutely! So Abraham, had faith in what God HAD revealed about Himself, and not as per things he couldn't have yet known, that had not been provided him (that we DO know). And just as one can presently reject God without knowing about Jesus, PRE-Christ birth, one could reject God or embrace Him, yet without knowing of Jesus. And certainly those in OT times had an understanding of a promised Messiah, but they didn't truly understand much about that - yet they believed the promise, the Scriptures and had faith in God.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Hebrews 9:22  And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

before Jesus died on the cross if you stopped making your sacrifice and died you would go to hell for the sin you had done. no body was saved like we are saved to day before Jesus died on the cross.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:00 pm Hebrews 9:22  And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

before Jesus died on the cross if you stopped making your sacrifice and died you would go to hell for the sin you had done. no body was saved like we are saved to day before Jesus died on the cross.
MY

GOD

PLEASE

STOP!

Nobody was saved by performing sacrifices in Old Testament times. Salvation has always been by grace, through faith.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

So are you saying that people could still be saved even if Jesus had not died on the cross as long as they have faith in Jesus?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:15 pm So are you saying that people could still be saved even if Jesus had not died on the cross as long as they have faith in Jesus?
Christ's work was God's plan from the foundation of the world.

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. 20 For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared [a]in these last times for the sake of you

If it was God's plan, there was no other way. It was not possible for Christ NOT to die.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

People of the old testament were not saved there sins were just rolled back for a year. That is why they had to keep doing the sacrifices every year. That was why when they died they went to Abraham's bosom also called Paradise. That is why they were not saved as we are today. Paul even said as much when he said "it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.".

the sacrifices were just a looking forward to the time that they would be saved.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

The Old Testament people looked Forward to the cross -- they placed their faith in the blood shed for their sins -- looking forward to the perfect Lamb of God taking their sins away. Even the people living during the time of Christ either accepted or rejected Christ as the Messiah who was dying and was resurrected from the dead. And 'now' we look back at the cross and either accept or reject Christ.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

yes the old testament people were looking forward to the cross but they didn't know they were. if you remember Jesus's own disciples didn't understand that Jesus was going to die on the cross. We know that they were looking forward to Jesus dying on the cross but they did not. Paul said those sacrifices did not make them perfect or they would have stopped doing the sacrifices. He said that the law was a shadow of good thing to come not the very image. in other word it was a shadow of salvation not the very salvation we have to day. The sacrifices were just a looking forward to Jesus and would only roll your sins back for a year leaving you unperfect before God, but Jesus dying on the cross makes us perfect before God. It makes us perfect in the fact that we are sinless because Jesus forgives us of all our sins when we are saved He doesn't just roll them back.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by crochet1949 »

Didn't God's Word get 'spread' through the prophets?
And, yes, the sacrifices Were 'just looking forward To Jesus.' They were placing their faith in the blood of the animal sacrifices that were made.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Crochet,

It's nice to see you!

:D

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Crochet: Didn't God's Word get 'spread' through the prophets? And, yes, the sacrifices Were 'just looking forward To Jesus.' They were placing their faith in the blood of the animal sacrifices that were made.
Actually, they were placing their faith in GOD, Whom commanded the sacrifices.
RickD: Crochet, It's nice to see you! :D
You can SEE her? I must upgrade my browser!
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

Genesis shows us that God has taught them about sacrifices for sin. In the garden he made garments out of an animal skin. That animal had to die for the skin to be taken.
Also being saved by faith was never a New Testament thing or idea. It was always the case. Adam and Eve knew about a promise of God to come and smash the head of the serpent and they wished he would come in every generation which tells you they were saved.