Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by RickD »

What does that even mean?

Witness of the fruit of the Trinity?

I don't understand what you're even asking.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Ditto
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:What does that even mean?

what he means is whether or not the trinity is from satan or from God. God tells us we shall know the origins of things from the fruit they bear, that is to say the effects they cause. if something gives bad effects (fruit) it isnt from God. what bbyrd is saying is does having a belief in the trinity give bad effects or good ones?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

If that's what he's saying, then he's even more ridiculous than I thought.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

That can't possibly be what he's asking.

If he were asking that, he'd be asking what the fruit of God is. That just doesn't make sense.

Maybe bbyrd can explain what he means, in simple, plain English. Instead of the confusing way he's been writing.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

jenna wrote:

what he means is whether or not the trinity is from satan or from God. God tells us we shall know the origins of things from the fruit they bear, that is to say the effects they cause. if something gives bad effects (fruit) it isnt from God. what bbyrd is saying is does having a belief in the trinity give bad effects or good ones?
I think what it really means, is that Sir Bbyrd can't put up an argument against that theology and Scripture in what has been presented, so a diversion with a nonsensical question that is a categorical error is the best diversion can offer.

Sir Bbyrd, wadr please tell us the colour of your non-Trinitarian theology? Is it wet or dry? What texture is it?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

bbyrd009 wrote:me? responding? :lol: you gotta be kidding, right. i'll hold out for some witness of the fruit, wadr, ty.
Gal 5:22-26, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." NKJV

Eph 5:9 NKJV, ...for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth...

Yes, bbyrd009 you indeed lack fruit...

Have a nice day :wave:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:me? responding? :lol: you gotta be kidding, right. i'll hold out for some witness of the fruit, wadr, ty.
Gal 5:22-26, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." NKJV

Eph 5:9 NKJV, ...for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth...

Yes, bbyrd009 you indeed lack fruit... :fruitcake:

-
-
-
How, pray tell, can a fruitcake lack fruit?
:ssorry: :bag: :innocent: :stirthepot:

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Yes, bbyrd009 you indeed lack fruit...

-
-
-
How, pray tell, can a fruitcake lack fruit?
:ssorry: :bag: :innocent: :stirthepot:
:lol: :pound: y:)) :beer: :toppoints: :rockcool:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Kurieuo wrote:
jenna wrote:

I think what it really means, is that Sir Bbyrd can't put up an argument against that theology and Scripture in what has been presented, so a diversion with a nonsensical question that is a categorical error is the best diversion can offer.

Sir Bbyrd, wadr please tell us the colour of your non-Trinitarian theology? Is it wet or dry? What texture is it?
:pound: :pound: :pound:

:amen:
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

wow, i must say i am astounded by the responses. has this forum (and the mods i HAD come to respect) been reduced to name calling and belittling others? y:O
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:wow, i must say i am astounded by the responses. has this forum (and the mods i HAD come to respect) been reduced to name calling and belittling others? y:O

Maybe you need to put your big girl pants on. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:wow, i must say i am astounded by the responses. has this forum (and the mods i HAD come to respect) been reduced to name calling and belittling others? y:O

my big girl pants are on. now dont act like a snobby child who calls another person names or i wont make you any sammiches. :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:

my big girl pants are on. now dont act like a snobby child who calls another person names or i wont make you any sammiches. :P
Who's calling another person names?

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

I don't like snobby children. The NERVE. Sheesh.

Snotty children are another matter. I have two of them. Always sick, those two. :-/