Rick Warren deception

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Rick Warren deception

Post by PetriFB »

Rick Warren, a member of the extreme charismatic movement, gives praise to the Roman Catholic Church, which is one of the many pieces of evidence showing the fact that the spirit driving the extreme charismatic movement is not the Holy Spirit of God, but a spirit of darkness, leading people to embrace the harlot (the Catholic Church) and the Anti-Christ.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/rickwar ... hurch.html
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Rick Warren deception

Post by Jac3510 »

Only three quotes from Warren in the article:
  • We have far more in common than what divide us. When you talk about Pentecostals, Charismatics, Evangelicals, Fundamendalists, Catholics, Methodists, Presbyterians on on on and on. Well they all will say we believe in Trinity, we believe in the Bible, we believe in resurrection, we believe salvation is to Jesus Christ. These are the big issues.
On this, he is correct.
  • Sometimes Protestants think that Catholics worship Mary like she is another God, but that's not exactly Catholic doctrine and people say what the saints all about, why you are praying to the saints. And when you understand what they mean by what they are saying. There is whole lot more commonality. Now, there is still real differences, no doubt about that, but the most important thing is if you love Jesus we are on the same team.
Also on this, he is correct.
  • The mission of Tom Peterson and Catholics Come Home to bring souls home to Jesus and the church is critically important during this challenging time in our history. I fully support this New Evangelization project.
Better a person to become a Catholic than to remain a non-Christian more generally.

Ah well.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Please don't take this as an endorsement of Warren, but he really didn't say anything in that article that I have much of an issue with.

As far as warren's quote here:
Rick Warren: Sometimes Protestants think that Catholics worship Mary like she is another God, but that's not exactly Catholic doctrine and people say what the saints all about, why you are praying to the saints. And when you understand what they mean by what they are saying. There is whole lot more commonality. Now, there is still real differences, no doubt about that, but the most important thing is if you love Jesus we are on the same team.
If I can interpret what he's saying, the most important thing is a love for Christ.
Any Catholic, or anyone else for that matter, who loves Christ, and has a saving faith in Christ, I will call my Brother or Sister in Christ.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Rick, does that include Hugh? :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Rick, does that include Hugh? :P
Hugh Ross?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Hugh Ross?
No, the other Hugh who was frequenting this board.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Of course not. Hugh Ross is an old earth evolution loving compromiser who obviously doesn't believe the Bible or Jesus. So he is clearly going to hell. He should visit the ark encounter so he can repent and be saved. :amen:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Hugh Ross?
No, the other Hugh who was frequenting this board.
Never heard of him.

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:Please don't take this as an endorsement of Warren, but he really didn't say anything in that article that I have much of an issue with.

As far as warren's quote here:
Rick Warren: Sometimes Protestants think that Catholics worship Mary like she is another God, but that's not exactly Catholic doctrine and people say what the saints all about, why you are praying to the saints. And when you understand what they mean by what they are saying. There is whole lot more commonality. Now, there is still real differences, no doubt about that, but the most important thing is if you love Jesus we are on the same team.
If I can interpret what he's saying, the most important thing is a love for Christ.
Any Catholic, or anyone else for that matter, who loves Christ, and has a saving faith in Christ, I will call my Brother or Sister in Christ.

"and has a saving faith in Christ....." yes

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by Grace you have been saved, through faith, and that , not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. not of works lest anyone should boast. "
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

I feel for the guy

One of his sons struggled for years with severe depression and ended up committing suicide :(
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I suggest staying away from his teachings...

Many are basically marketing techniques the world uses to increase consumer loyalty to a particular product...or is this case market Church to build growth off of to produce a more Ladocean style of church please to all except God in the end.

His involvement with Chrsilam is another example.

There is more and suggest folks look on the www. search programs out there and find more.
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DanielPech
Acquainted Member

Post by DanielPech »

Warren is naïve about many things, as is John Piper. But, apparently from this video, both have assumed that they are addressing Christians, and that Christians would understand this in their books. Warren's teachings are addressed to Christians, not to just anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LImVHzy7WtU

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I just shared on the other Rick Warren thread that I've started through a workbook "Foundations - 11 Core truths to Build Your Life On -- A Purpose Driven Discipleship Resource" By Tom Holladay and Kay Warren.

Tons of Scripture used -- I have No problem with this workbook.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, Rick Warren has apparently made a huge difference in the life of Olympian Michael Phelps!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/1 ... icide.html
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Philip wrote:Well, Rick Warren has apparently made a huge difference in the life of Olympian Michael Phelps!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/1 ... icide.html

Thanks for including the link -- a very good one.