Are there any clear prophecies in the Old Testament about Jesus' second coming?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

Thanks.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Are there any clear prophecies in the Old Testament about Jesus' second coming?

Post by Jac3510 »

The OT doesn't really distinguish between the first and second coming, as you know. But ignoring that, lots pop into my mind. To give just one, how about Zech 14?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Are there any clear prophecies in the Old Testament about Jesus' second coming?

Post by Christian2 »

Jac3510 wrote:The OT doesn't really distinguish between the first and second coming, as you know. But ignoring that, lots pop into my mind. To give just one, how about Zech 14?
I did a little googling before I posted my question and Zech 14 is one listed.

http://www.jewishroots.net/library/prop ... oming.html
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

How about Isaiah 13?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.