'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 'If you could lose eternal life it wouldn't be eternal'

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:If you stop believing in Christ as your saviour and instead turn to Satanism and stealing and murder. You lose your salvation.
"Whoever believes in me has everlasting life", what if you no longer believe in Christ.
What if one steals and murders while believing in Christ as his savior? Does he lose his salvation?
No, if you ask for forgiveness. And only if you are sincere, not if you keep on murdering and stealing. God knows your heart and whether you are being sincere. Like the Mafia who ask for forgiveness and then go and murder.

Besides that's not what I said....... I said "If you stop believing in Christ as your saviour and instead turn to Satanism".
Stu,

I read what you said. I'm trying to show you the logical conclusion of what you said.

Is unbelief a sin?
I guess not, but you have to believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins in order to go to heaven. So that God can forgive your sins.

What if you no longer believe that.
So unbelief in Christ is NOT a sin?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:RickD Maybe you will get it with way will there be any lying Christians in Heaven.
Trick question. Once someone is in heaven, they will sin no more.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

RickD Will a Christian that later in life becomes a liar and dies a liar go to heaven or hell?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:RickD Will a Christian that later in life becomes a liar and dies a liar go to heaven or hell?
You're serious?

What part of, "I believe in osas" don't you comprehend?

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

So I take it that you believe they will go to heaven I think that is what you are staying.

Am I right?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

jpbg33 wrote:So I take it that you believe they will go to heaven I think that is what you are staying.

Am I right?
You do know that just one sin is enough to keep us all out of heaven,right? There is no saved born again Christian that does not sin,therefore how can you go to heaven? Please explain how you're sins don't matter compared to some other Christian,so how will you go to heaven? Are you perfect like Jesus is/was? Nobody is but we are justified by him anyway because of what he did,not what we do.sin is sin and we all sin in one way or another therefore you are saying nobody will go to heaven,it seems to me.The lazy Christians will not lose their salvation but will have less rewards,crowns,etc in heaven,salvation is a blood covenant and nowhere in the bible does God break blood covenants even when people sin and rebel against God.We must be saved by Jesus for it to apply to us though and not everybody who believes in Jesus has been saved,they have not entered into the blood covenant with God and so they will pay for their own sins.

Shoestring Tie-er for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uYbe1VGOE
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

So I take it that you believe they will go to heaven I think that is what you are staying.

Am I right?

RickD just in case you missed it I'm asking again.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:So I take it that you believe they will go to heaven I think that is what you are staying.

Am I right?

RickD just in case you missed it I'm asking again.
I didn't miss it.

Do you know what osas is? Do you know what someone believes, who believes in osas?

Once someone puts his trust in Christ, he is eternally secure. Period.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Well glad to here your answer, you can not be right because the bible says that all liars shall have there part in the lake of fire.

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:Well glad to here your answer, you can not be right because the bible says that all liars shall have there part in the lake of fire.

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

If those things are someone's Lifestyle it would indicate that they've never accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Otherwise they would Not be Living that way.

So -- the person who can identify themselves in any of those catagories had better take a closer look at their lives in relation to God's Word -- and those who are observing those actions in another person can be pretty sure that they Do Need God's gift of salvation.

Born-again believers are left in this world to be a Light to the unsaved. We share Gospel with those who will hear it. When we observe actions that are not Christ-like -- we need to show our concern in a loving Christ-like way -- in our own lives and then to those around us. Sharing God's Word.

The outward appearance / actions of a person reflects what is in their heart.

We are NOT bound to the Ten Commandments for our salvation. Because our salvation is NOT dependent on our actions. Our actions After salvation should reflect Christ being in us.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

So I guess you are saying that there are things that Christians can not do. So you are saying say......... someone does not believe then they are not a Christian.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:Well glad to here your answer, you can not be right because the bible says that all liars shall have there part in the lake of fire.

Omg, you got me! Because nobody ever, has explained what revelation 21:8 means.

And pay close attention to the conclusion:
Conclusion

If the kingdom contained those still in a sinful state, it would not be as glorious as God intends.That would put an eternal damper on the joy the Lord Himself and we, His subjects, could experience.
Revelation 21:8 should be a joyous verse for us. Those who interpret it to mean that we need to examine our behavior to see if we are saved (or if we are still saved) have robbed it of its joy and replaced it with works-salvation gloom.

The kingdom will be truly joyful because everyone in it will be holy and sinless.
Jpbg,

You are robbing Christians of their joy, and you've replaced the gospel with works-salvation gloom.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

If people loose there joy Because they are not suppose to be sinning then they are not saved to begin with. People can lie after they are saved we are not God so if we can lie then we can become liars and if we do after we are saved then we will end up I hell. that is where the bible says ALL liars are going.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Jpbg, do you, presently sin or not? Will you sin in the future? What does EVERY Christian do: They SIN! According to you, you're asserting that one who sins is not saved. Something is seriously wrong. It is not SIN that sends us to Hell - as ALL Christians CONSTANTLY sin - it is an unrepentant heart. And an unrepentant heart is one in rebellion, and so they have not RECEIVED God's gift of salvation, and refuse to have a committed heart of faith. Because one with FAITH - not belief - but FAITH has all of their past, present and future sins covered!

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has GONE, the new has come.” 2 Cor. 5:17

And it doesn't GO and then COME BACK!

"Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit (Psalm 32:1-2)."

These references to FORGIVEN sin all come through salvation and are covered by the blood of Christ. God does not differentiate between past, present or future sins, as to what sin His salvation covers. He sees us, positionally/salvationally, as we ONE DAY WILL BE - SINLESS!

So, tell me now, Jpbg, when it was that you STOPPED sinning?
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

When I got saved and started walking in the Spirit and as long as I walk in the Spirit I will not sin. Christians do not sin constantly.

Christians may sin from time to time but will not constantly sin. No one that constantly sins is saved. We are not saved to sin but saved from sin.