Response to What Jews believe article on God and man

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Response to What Jews believe article on God and man

Post by Bluejay4 »

To start here's the article http://whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation8.html

I'm only going to respond to the very last bit here so...
Perhaps this idea of confusing Gd and man also explains Christian belief in the Virgin Birth -- the joining of Gd and the human woman Mary, who supposedly became pregnant without the sex act in some mysterious way not related to reality as we know it. Numerous gods and heroes in the ancient world were the product of a human mother and a god for a father. As we have noted elsewhere in this website, Heracles' mother was the human woman Alcmene and his father was Zeus. Dionysus' human mother was Semele and his father was Zeus. Perseus' human mother was Danae and his father was Zeus. As a matter of fact, Zeus made Danae pregnant without the sex act, and therefore her pregnancy was a form of immaculate conception.

This confusion, the mixing of man with gods, was common in the ancient pagan world.

But in the Hebrew Bible, all of the Jewish greats -- the three Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Matriarchs Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah; Joseph, Moses, King David, etc. -- are never portrayed as being divine or free of sin; they are shown as fully human, with all the passions and flaws of human beings. They are all born in the natural, non-miracle way, and all die, returning to the dust, just as all humans do.
Mr. Writer is making a lot of baseless claims and assumptions here and is just demonstrating his ignorance in regards to Christian doctrine.

The first paragraph seems to be implying that A. Jesus is some sort God-man created hybrid thing and B. Jesus is based on pagan myths, let's start with point A...

Firstly Jesus is not created nor is he some third thing, he is fully God and fully man. Here's some scripture "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form." and "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” Jesus is no Hercules or Dionysus.(See Hyposatic Union)

Secondly the second point has been debunked dozens of time's before I'm not even going to bother, really vague and superficial similarities doesn't prove anything.

Lastly, I can't help but feel that entire last paragraph is just some subtle pot shot towards Jesus, but really Jesus is just as human as any of the previous prophets before him. He ate, slept, felt anger and sadness and pain, loved, tired, wept, etc...
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1