Catholicism

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Catholicism

#31

Post by Storyteller » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:00 pm

:wave:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Catholicism

#32

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:06 pm

My points are not made to bash any denomination but doctrines of men that are not of God or his word.We as Christians should never prop up what our denomination says over what God's word the bible says and yet this is the problem people propping up a denomination and what it says over what the bible says,then get offended and take it personal when doctrines of men are bashed.Jesus Christ and his word comes before what any denomination teaches and this is our point.No christian should be offended by us pointing out things denominations do and say and believe that are not biblical,and yet they do.

I was raised in a Baptist church but I can tell you that I reject their doctrines of men that are not of God,I reject them and ignore them and put Jesus and his word over their doctrines of men.I missed out on learning about the gifts of the Holy Sprit for years because I went to a Baptist church because of their doctrine of man that says the gifts of the Holy Sprit died out when the apostles died,now overall I am glad I was raised a Baptist but I can tell you I was not being taught all of the bible.

No wonder I used to ask the preacher as a kid why he did not preach about this that is in the bible,I eventually figured out why on my own.I have to say most churches I have attended were good overall and no matter what denomination I went to I got something and learned something from all of them but I reject doctrines of men that are not of God and every Christian should too,this does not mean abandon church but just be aware.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21641
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Catholicism

#33

Post by RickD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Catholicism

#34

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:25 pm

RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Catholicism

#35

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Storyteller wrote:FL?

I think I love you :)
Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21641
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Catholicism

#36

Post by RickD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
I actually have a copy of that book. If you're referring to The Genesis Flood.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21641
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Catholicism

#37

Post by RickD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:FL?

I think I love you :)
Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
FL,

She loves me too. So she had already lost any credibility she had. I think I'm responsible for driving her to Catholicism. I will never forgive myself. I'm such a failure as a heretical Protestant. y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Catholicism

#38

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:35 pm

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
I actually have a copy of that book. If you're referring to The Genesis Flood.
Yes,that is the book I'm talking about and I used to have it but lost it somehow through the years.I once lost many books I had they got ruined.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21641
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Catholicism

#39

Post by RickD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:37 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
I actually have a copy of that book. If you're referring to The Genesis Flood.
Yes,that is the book I'm talking about and I used to have it but lost it somehow through the years.I once lost many books I had they got ruined.
It's actually a good reference book of almost all the straw man arguments YECs use against OEC. I think I ran out of ink, underlining all the straw man arguments in that book.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Catholicism

#40

Post by Storyteller » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:FL?

I think I love you :)
Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
yes, I make my own mind up. about everything.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Catholicism

#41

Post by Storyteller » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:41 pm

RickD wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:FL?

I think I love you :)
Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
FL,

She loves me too. So she had already lost any credibility she had. I think I'm responsible for driving her to Catholicism. I will never forgive myself. I'm such a failure as a heretical Protestant. y#-o
yep but I still love you :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21641
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: Catholicism

#42

Post by RickD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Storyteller wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:FL?

I think I love you :)
Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
yes, I make my own mind up. about everything.
And then change your mind every 5 minutes, just like all women do.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 340 times

Re: Catholicism

#43

Post by Storyteller » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:45 pm

I am always open to changing my mind but you have to be pretty convincing.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Catholicism

#44

Post by abelcainsbrother » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:55 pm

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
I actually have a copy of that book. If you're referring to The Genesis Flood.
Yes,that is the book I'm talking about and I used to have it but lost it somehow through the years.I once lost many books I had they got ruined.
It's actually a good reference book of almost all the straw man arguments YECs use against OEC. I think I ran out of ink, underlining all the straw man arguments in that book.
I think Gap theorists are somewhere in between young earth and old earth creationism,so I'm a mixture of both and I see straw men in both.for example I agree with young earthers about Noah's flood but I know the sun was shining the whole time however I agree with old earther's the heavens and the earth are old but for different reasons and I see no reason to have to stretch out the days because I think it is already revealed old.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Catholicism

#45

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:58 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:I think Gap theorists are somewhere in between young earth and old earth creationism,so I'm a mixture of both and I see straw men in both.for example I agree with young earthers about Noah's flood but I know the sun was shining the whole time however I agree with old earther's the heavens and the earth are old but for different reasons and I see no reason to have to stretch out the days because I think it is already revealed old.
This thread is entitled CATHOLICISM...hello? HELLO?

The Roman Catholic Church approves of evolution. So stop the YEC/OEC BS! Hello? Is anybody home?

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

Post Reply