Catholicism

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Catholicism

Post by Storyteller »

:wave:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

My points are not made to bash any denomination but doctrines of men that are not of God or his word.We as Christians should never prop up what our denomination says over what God's word the bible says and yet this is the problem people propping up a denomination and what it says over what the bible says,then get offended and take it personal when doctrines of men are bashed.Jesus Christ and his word comes before what any denomination teaches and this is our point.No christian should be offended by us pointing out things denominations do and say and believe that are not biblical,and yet they do.

I was raised in a Baptist church but I can tell you that I reject their doctrines of men that are not of God,I reject them and ignore them and put Jesus and his word over their doctrines of men.I missed out on learning about the gifts of the Holy Sprit for years because I went to a Baptist church because of their doctrine of man that says the gifts of the Holy Sprit died out when the apostles died,now overall I am glad I was raised a Baptist but I can tell you I was not being taught all of the bible.

No wonder I used to ask the preacher as a kid why he did not preach about this that is in the bible,I eventually figured out why on my own.I have to say most churches I have attended were good overall and no matter what denomination I went to I got something and learned something from all of them but I reject doctrines of men that are not of God and every Christian should too,this does not mean abandon church but just be aware.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Storyteller wrote:FL?

I think I love you :)
Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Certain gifts of the HS died out at about the same time that the Gap Theory died out. :pound:
I think the Gap theory died out in the 70's after Henry Morris wrote his book and Young earth creationism took off.
I actually have a copy of that book. If you're referring to The Genesis Flood.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

Oh...you must be the only one...I use to think that Running Vixen loved me but she hates me like ALL THE REST!

Do you realise that this compromises your credibility with all who post on G & S? Can you live with that???

FL yp**==
FL,

She loves me too. So she had already lost any credibility she had. I think I'm responsible for driving her to Catholicism. I will never forgive myself. I'm such a failure as a heretical Protestant. y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Yes,that is the book I'm talking about and I used to have it but lost it somehow through the years.I once lost many books I had they got ruined.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Yes,that is the book I'm talking about and I used to have it but lost it somehow through the years.I once lost many books I had they got ruined.
It's actually a good reference book of almost all the straw man arguments YECs use against OEC. I think I ran out of ink, underlining all the straw man arguments in that book.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

FL yp**==
yes, I make my own mind up. about everything.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:

FL yp**==
FL,

She loves me too. So she had already lost any credibility she had. I think I'm responsible for driving her to Catholicism. I will never forgive myself. I'm such a failure as a heretical Protestant. y#-o
yep but I still love you :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:

FL yp**==
yes, I make my own mind up. about everything.
And then change your mind every 5 minutes, just like all women do.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I am always open to changing my mind but you have to be pretty convincing.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
It's actually a good reference book of almost all the straw man arguments YECs use against OEC. I think I ran out of ink, underlining all the straw man arguments in that book.
I think Gap theorists are somewhere in between young earth and old earth creationism,so I'm a mixture of both and I see straw men in both.for example I agree with young earthers about Noah's flood but I know the sun was shining the whole time however I agree with old earther's the heavens and the earth are old but for different reasons and I see no reason to have to stretch out the days because I think it is already revealed old.

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

abelcainsbrother wrote:I think Gap theorists are somewhere in between young earth and old earth creationism,so I'm a mixture of both and I see straw men in both.for example I agree with young earthers about Noah's flood but I know the sun was shining the whole time however I agree with old earther's the heavens and the earth are old but for different reasons and I see no reason to have to stretch out the days because I think it is already revealed old.
This thread is entitled CATHOLICISM...hello? HELLO?

The Roman Catholic Church approves of evolution. So stop the YEC/OEC BS! Hello? Is anybody home?

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +