*GRACE*

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: *GRACE*

Post by IceMobster »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:
IceMobster wrote:A quick question: are all of His creation children of God or are only Christians children of God and others are (just) His creation?
John 1:12

I also deal with that in some here.
I believe in His name and therefore I am his child even though I do not believe in Jesus Christ. Correct or not?
Patients. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2WxebeJtA
Don't like it. :|
I prefer Latin. Gregorian chants. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
BigHamster
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Post by BigHamster »

I like this one:

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." (Ephesians 2:4-5)

Salvation by Grace :-)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

it is by grace you have been saved." (Ephesians 2:4-5)
Received THROUGH FAITH!
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

add this one too..

Romans 11:5-6

"In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

There are some relevant quotes here :-)

Ephesians 1:7
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

Exodus 33:19
And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."

Acts 20:24
"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 5:15-17
But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:16
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace,

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

Titus 3:4-7
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Romans 11:5-6
In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Galatians 5:4
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Romans 5:20-21
The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Galatians 2:21
"I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Galatians 3:17-18
What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

1 Timothy 1:9
realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers.

Acts 15:7-11
After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. "And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. "Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? "But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are."

Acts 16:30-31
and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Romans 3:21-24
But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

Romans 4:14-16
For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation. For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Hebrews 4:16
Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

(source: http://underthewaterfallofgrace.blogspo ... -says.html)

Law Says, Grace Says..

Law says it's all up to me.
Grace says it's all up to Him.

Law says it's all about your performance.
Grace says it's all about His performance.

Law says you must earn your way.
Grace says Jesus earned the way for you.

Law says you must meet all expectations if you want to win.
Grace says Jesus met all expectations and you're already a winner!

Law says keep all the rules.
Grace says enjoy the party!

Law says everything costs.
Grace says everything is a gift.

Law says work for your reward.
Grace says receive and enjoy His free gift!

Law says if you do good, you get blessing as a reward.
Grace says even if you're bad, you still get blessing as a gift.

Law says you must be absolutely perfect or you aren't accepted.
Grace says you're accepted no matter how imperfect you are.

Law says if you blow it, you get punished.
Grace says even if you blow it you won't get punished.

Law says if you mess up, you're out of favor and must earn your way back.
Grace says if you mess up, you're still in His favor, nothing has changed.

Law implies you're a servant.
Grace says you're a son!

Law says I'm 100% responsible for my living.
Grace says He's 100% responsible for my living.

Law says I have to hold on to Him.
Grace says He's holding on to me!

Law says I must maintain this life in Christ.
Grace says He will maintain this life in Christ!

Law says I must keep up my faith, keep it going, or else.
Grace says He will keep up His faith within me no matter what!

Law says you're safe only as long as you do right work.
Grace says you're safe as long as Christ's right work stands, and that's forever!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BigHamster,

My how you have grown. It seems like just yesterday that you were a LittleHamster!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

RickD wrote:BigHamster,

My how you have grown. It seems like just yesterday that you were a LittleHamster!
Reading too many godandscience posts had that effect on me. o_O

Incidentally, I recently found Puritan_Lad's thread (posted 12 years ago) which covers a lot of stuff - better than I could ever write it. (http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... php?t=1037)

and this thread sidetracks into discussing unregenerate sinners (such a babies or unborn babies, etc) allowed /not allowed into heaven: (http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 9&start=30)

Even Kurieuo and B.W. were posting back then :-)

Good stuff.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Oh We all were but little tikes back ye then...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
BigHamster
Recognized Member

Post by BigHamster »

A little refresher (http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... php?t=1037)

In 2005, Puritan Lad wrote....

I — Irresistable Grace

We established earlier that man has no part to play in his own salvation. He is totally depraved. Man is unable to will himself to God's Grace. But can man do the opposite? Can man use his will do thrwart God's Grace?
We have already seen that "God chooses His own inheritance". Yet, can man, after being born again, say to God, "No Thanks"? What do the Scriptures say?

Irresistible Grace vs. Obstructable Grace

...We are born again not by man's will, but God's (John 1:12-13)
...The Son quickens whom he will (John 5:21)
...All the Father gives shall come (John 6:37)
...We are predestinated then called then justified then glorified (Romans 8:30)
...God's word accomplishes what he pleases (Isaiah 55:11)
...God gives eternal life to “as many as thou hast given” (John 17:2)
...It is not of him that willeth or runneth (Romans 9:16)
...Who has resisted His will? (Romans 9:19)
...God works in you both to will and to do (Philippians 2:12-13)

Man is powerless, either to accept or reject God's will, including His will to show mercy on whomever He chooses.

I recently heard an Arminian pastor preach a message on Ezekiel 36:26:

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

After a wonderful and detailed sermon on the need and the purpose of this new heart, he concluded with an altar call stating. "God wants to give you a new heart, if you'll only let Him".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ahhh...5 point Calvinism...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ahhh...5 point Calvinism...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz y=;
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

God's grace is not cheap; it's free.