Details of Heaven

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Starhunter
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Details of Heaven

Post by Starhunter »

Storyteller wrote:While I don`t agree with everything that Ellen White has written I did find it interesting, especially the bits about Orion.

I quite often stand out in my garden and always look for Orion, it has always had a pull on me. I never knew why. Now, maybe, and I stress the maybe, I know.

I need to look into her writings more to form a fair opinion.

As for the links given by ES. I urge you to look into them. Valtora reached me like no one else has. Her writings are beautiful and inspired.
Orion is so easily recognized by all - people can identify the systems of three stars in a row, and of course it is seen world over because it lies close to the celestial equator.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Yup :)

I love the stars, always have. They hold magic for me.

I keep meaning to get a star map and learn the constellations, only being able to pick out Orion, Ursa Major and Ursa Minor.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Sh... you'd have to have so many years of reading her to appreciate all these writings entail ... here's a little of a synopsis of what she wrote:

Poem of the Man-God contains 647 visions of the life of Our Lord
and Our Lady
in its 4,196 pages – and many experts have verified that it does not contain any
significant errors, mix-ups, or mistakes, nor is a single person, place, or thing out of place, even
though it includes 500+ personalities, 350+ named locations, 950 quotations and references to
40 Old Testament books in Jesus’ speeches,
a newly proposed chronological arrangement and
dating system of the Gospels, and a vast amount of geographical, climatic, agricultural,
historical, astronomical, and cartographical information, which authorities in these fields have
verified the accuracy of with appropriate astonishment.

6. Her revelations also have unprecedented detail,

IMO, to read it is to believe it. Her astounding accuracy is dwarfed only be His desire for us to read about His mortal life to embolden, strengthen our faith. I knew you'd take some time to inspect and I'm very glad you have.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

EssentialSacrifice,

It's interesting what happens to people who cherish the good and let the bad go. They grow spiritually and are led to Christ as their friend.

God leaves good things everywhere in abundance, all people need to do is feed their hunger. "Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

It's interesting what happens to people who cherish the good and let the bad go. They grow spiritually and are led to Christ as their friend.

This is the very definition of forgiveness. IMO, when your life becomes more about everyone else you have lead yourself to Christ as His friend.

God leaves good things everywhere in abundance, all people need to do is feed their hunger. Well said Starhunter, sincerely seek and you shall find.

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." :amen:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I learnt about forgiveness over the last few days, It`s not easy, in fact, it is so far the hardest lesson I`ve had to learn but the rewards are great.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Storyteller wrote:I learnt about forgiveness over the last few days, It`s not easy, in fact, it is so far the hardest lesson I`ve had to learn but the rewards are great.
Did you have a spat with Mr Storyteller? And it was your fault, of course? God uses these events to straighten us out.

FL :angeldevil:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I learnt about forgiveness over the last few days, It`s not easy, in fact, it is so far the hardest lesson I`ve had to learn but the rewards are great.
Did you have a spat with Mr Storyteller? And it was your fault, of course? God uses these events to straighten us out.

FL :angeldevil:
Noooooooo! I wouldn't dream of arguing with Mr Storyteller. y:^o

It was actually about the death cult thread.
As much as it breaks my heart I am coming to realise it isn't about me and how I feel, it's about others.
I would forgive my daughter absolutely anything because I love her, the same should apply to others too.