why i stopped talking in tongues

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: why i stopped talking in tongues

Post by Kurieuo »

neo-x wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
1over137 wrote:
neo-x wrote:Demon possession happens still today, rare but still true. I have witnessed it. Sometimes it take merely a minute sometimes some prayer is necessary and it may take an hour.
May I ask what you witnessed when you witnessed 1 hour long casting out?

I remember once you mentioned woman crawling the wall. Don't know how long the casting out took.
I'd be interested in your response to Hana's question here too. I just read your post and found it surprising given how Naturalistic you tend to be when it comes to creation discussion.
I have considered that often but I do think it happens, not often, or atleast not as much as sometimes people claim. However, my belief in it is for the same reason I believe in miracles.

Usually what I witnessed hasn't been as dramatic as the movies show however there are remarkable things that sometimes happen. But sometimes normal people behave like complete lunatics for a temporary period of time and then be back to their normal selves. Like Hana mentioned me telling her about a possessed woman who literally climbed a brick wall, fell down and broke her spine.

I saw a cousin of mine, literally grabbing my arm with a strength that I didn't think she could muster, talking gibberish, at one point she fell down to the ground, started slithering like a snake, started talking in a man's voice. She talked about things she could not have had known and it reminded me of the spirit Paul drove out from an oracle servant girl who used to earn for her masters in Acts.

However, once my cousin got delivered from this possession, she has never shown any evidence of such. She was fine before as well. Now I like to be the Devil's advocate and say that a lot of this can actually be explained to some degree by the naturalist occurrences, however, some parts are hard to explain and some are just entirely occurring at the same time for no particular reason.
Do you know, of any you'd say may have been possessed, whether any were Christian? I think Christians can be demonically afflicted, but I don't see how it is possible a Christian could be possessed.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote:
neo-x wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
1over137 wrote:
neo-x wrote:Demon possession happens still today, rare but still true. I have witnessed it. Sometimes it take merely a minute sometimes some prayer is necessary and it may take an hour.
May I ask what you witnessed when you witnessed 1 hour long casting out?

I remember once you mentioned woman crawling the wall. Don't know how long the casting out took.
I'd be interested in your response to Hana's question here too. I just read your post and found it surprising given how Naturalistic you tend to be when it comes to creation discussion.
I have considered that often but I do think it happens, not often, or atleast not as much as sometimes people claim. However, my belief in it is for the same reason I believe in miracles.

Usually what I witnessed hasn't been as dramatic as the movies show however there are remarkable things that sometimes happen. But sometimes normal people behave like complete lunatics for a temporary period of time and then be back to their normal selves. Like Hana mentioned me telling her about a possessed woman who literally climbed a brick wall, fell down and broke her spine.

I saw a cousin of mine, literally grabbing my arm with a strength that I didn't think she could muster, talking gibberish, at one point she fell down to the ground, started slithering like a snake, started talking in a man's voice. She talked about things she could not have had known and it reminded me of the spirit Paul drove out from an oracle servant girl who used to earn for her masters in Acts.

However, once my cousin got delivered from this possession, she has never shown any evidence of such. She was fine before as well. Now I like to be the Devil's advocate and say that a lot of this can actually be explained to some degree by the naturalist occurrences, however, some parts are hard to explain and some are just entirely occurring at the same time for no particular reason.
Do you know, of any you'd say may have been possessed, whether any were Christian? I think Christians can be demonically afflicted, but I don't see how it is possible a Christian could be possessed.
Perhaps in name, as almost in all cases, these people weren't born again or if they claimed they did, it was most likely charismatic make-belief then a real fellowship with the spirit.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Neo: however, some parts are hard to explain and some are just entirely occurring at the same time for no particular reason.
Neo, you're naturalism rationality is slipping! :lol:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Philip wrote:
Neo: however, some parts are hard to explain and some are just entirely occurring at the same time for no particular reason.
Neo, you're naturalism rationality is slipping! :lol:
Not at all. :) I assumed you'd hold me to that line. But on a serious note I see a clear difference between the two debates.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Sooo nothing?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I guess being face-to-face with such is much different from the distant past with creation. Seeing is believing.

As for myself, as a child I had serveral problems with OCD and anger. Churches we frequented were pentecostal in nature, and there are certain degrees of such, some more moderate Christian types while others quite crazy and off the scales, even divination and the like. Extreme forms I see as wrong, moderate forms are acceptable and I don't place restrictions upon what God can do, whom He blesses with certain gifts and what-have-you. I'm damn near certain though, that Christians and churches who go seeking out supernatural gifts of sorts are primarily self-deluded in certain forms they normalise, or pretenders clamouring to be seen as spiritual Christians in their circles.

In any case, there was one couple who were very spiritual and into praying over people, casting out demons, commanding them to leave in Jesus' name, etc. I was taken to them, and really, just doing what they lead me to do while they fervently prayed over me i.e., spitting into a bowl and what-not.

So, not until later in life, did I ever consider the logical impossibility of demons being able to take up residence in someone Christ Himself "lives within". I think such is an important point, and it is one I seek to try verify out of interest. Spirits can do many things external to us as Christian, can make all sorts suggestions, can afflict, use others to get to us and the like, but the one thing I don't believe is that they can possess someone who is in Christ.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)