Jesus was a Zoroastrian?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Stygian
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Jesus was a Zoroastrian?

Post by Stygian »

Not quite sure what to make of this...
http://zoroastrian.angelfire.com/

Thoughts, anybody who even bothers to read it?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Jesus was a Zoroastrian?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Stygian wrote: Thoughts, anybody who even bothers to read it?
Crap.

FL y=;
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stygian wrote:Not quite sure what to make of this...

This is why we shouldn't use drugs. y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Some buddy of mine sent it to me and didn't know what to make of it, lol. Most of what I did take the time to read seemed like a bit of a stretch (by that I mean about as implausible as a cloud made of bubble gum).
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Stygian wrote:Some buddy of mine sent it to me and didn't know what to make of it, lol.
I don't know what to make of some things either because they just don't make any sense. For instance, we had a supper guest last night - a woman from France - who asked me where she could attend Midnight Mass on Christmas eve. I told her, ''go into any Catholic church, but get there around 11pm because if you arrive just before the Mass, you won't find a seat and will have to spend the hour-and-a-half standing.'' I then asked her, ''Are you Catholic?'' to which she answered, ''No, I'm atheist.'' Puzzled, I inquired, ''then why do you want to go to Midnight Mass?!'' ''Because,'' she answered, ''I just want to have the whole Christmas experience.'' She then went on to say that monotheistic faiths (Islam/Judaism/Christianity) were abhorrent to her but that polytheistic faiths were OK because they even had female deities. 8-}2

I didn't pursue the subject because her ideas seemed absurd.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:She then went on to say that monotheistic faiths (Islam/Judaism/Christianity) were abhorrent to her but that polytheistic faiths were OK because they even had female deities.
That sounds more sexist than... sexism.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Stygian wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:She then went on to say that monotheistic faiths (Islam/Judaism/Christianity) were abhorrent to her but that polytheistic faiths were OK because they even had female deities.
That sounds more sexist than... sexism.
Yeah, well...atheists are not known for thinking intelligently when it comes to Christianity. She is also a young woman doing her Masters in litterature at university and she comes from a country that Muslim immigration has transformed & traumatized, so faith/religion to her is seen as destructive.

Context, context, context! (I had also served her a beer containing 9% alcohol...which she had enjoyed!)

FL :mrgreen:

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Stygian wrote:Some buddy of mine sent it to me and didn't know what to make of it, lol.
I don't know what to make of some things either because they just don't make any sense. For instance, we had a supper guest last night -
a woman from France
- who asked me where she could attend Midnight Mass on Christmas eve. I told her, ''go into any Catholic church, but get there around 11pm because if you arrive just before the Mass, you won't find a seat and will have to spend the hour-and-a-half standing.'' I then asked her, ''Are you Catholic?'' to which she answered, ''No, I'm atheist.'' Puzzled, I inquired, ''then why do you want to go to Midnight Mass?!'' ''Because,'' she answered, ''I just want to have the whole Christmas experience.'' She then went on to say that monotheistic faiths (Islam/Judaism/Christianity) were abhorrent to her but that polytheistic faiths were OK because they even had female deities. 8-}2

I didn't pursue the subject because her ideas seemed absurd.

FL
FL, I read this and it made no sense to me at all. Then I reread it and saw this:
a woman from France
Then it made perfect sense. y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:FL, I read this and it made no sense to me at all. Then I reread it and saw this:
a woman from France
Dem Frog wimmin are evin crazier den reglar wimmin!

FL :tomato:

+ + +

+ + +
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

As with most of the conspiracy theories that claim that Christianity came from the worship of horus or it was taken from Zoroastrianism, they will usually hope that the reader either knows nothing about the history of these other religions or hopes that they will not research them.

Here is a link that will help debunk this unhistoric garbage

http://mmcelhaney.blogspot.com/2009/08/ ... d_965.html
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:FL, I read this and it made no sense to me at all. Then I reread it and saw this:
a woman from France
Dem Frog wimmin are evin crazier den reglar wimmin!

FL :tomato:
Ahh the french again :pound:
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Well I am convinced. I can't believe I have been misled all these years. Where do I sign up.

:doh: