Worship chemicals?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Worship chemicals?

Post by Gman »

So if there is no spiritual world, no creator, what is there really left? Matter? Chemicals?

Behold... Your god. Worship it all the days of your life...

By the power of H2O, SiO2, CaCO3 and other hydrocarbons we ask that you create life... :roll:

Great and powerful? Give me a break...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Worship chemicals?

Post by Kurieuo »

Gman, please read the board purpose. This is a Christian board, and we will not accept posters who try to prothletise their faith here over and against Christianity. 8-}2
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kurieuo wrote:Gman, please read the board purpose. This is a Christian board, and we will not accept posters who try to prothletise their faith here over and against Christianity. 8-}2
Hey you are interfering with my chemical worship... y[-(

By the power of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol I claim that all my pains will go away... Oh holy chemicals. Take me away... :roll:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I don't know how I missed this thread.

:lol:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Gman wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Gman, please read the board purpose. This is a Christian board, and we will not accept posters who try to prothletise their faith here over and against Christianity. 8-}2
Hey you are interfering with my chemical worship... y[-(

By the power of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol I claim that all my pains will go away... Oh holy chemicals. Take me away... :roll:
This gives a whole new meaning to separation of church and state. The lines are really blurred people. y:-/
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Dallas
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Dallas »

It's hard for me to believe this :P. But it's funny, how "only" chemicals formed the life that we have today. Even the weakest insect, is just so advanced that there is no way chemicals made it.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

Chance the god of judgement. Fair in everything he does we shall worship you as well. You procreate with our other god Chemicals to create life. 8-}2
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

wrain62 wrote:Chance the god of judgement. Fair in everything he does we shall worship you as well. You procreate with our other god Chemicals to create life. 8-}2
I thought the goddess Athe was in charge... You know, she's worshipped by Athe-ists. She's female, of course, and a feminist. :pound:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
spartanII
Established Member

Post by spartanII »

Are you saying that atheist think that "that" is what cause us to feel certain sensations and stuff?
Atheist: "Science says it, I believe it, That settles it."
Dallas
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Dallas »

spartanII wrote:Are you saying that atheist think that "that" is what cause us to feel certain sensations and stuff?
I would hope not. I don't want the feeling towards this girl to just be chemicals. I want it to be under Gods terms and not mine. :P
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.