First coming of Jesus

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
alex1
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

First coming of Jesus

Post by alex1 »

I was asked by a friend: why did Jesus come 2000 years ago, and not some other time in history? I'm not sure how to answer this question so can you guys help me with this one. :D Thank you :wave:
spartanII
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: First coming of Jesus

Post by spartanII »

According to historical evidence Christ came at a perfect time, right before a population boom some 30 years or so after his death. That, and a few tyrannical leaders were taken out right before his birth and resurrection.
I remember WLC using this in his defense against Hitchens. I even remember reading it in a history book. I can't figure out the right wording to bring about the results in Google. But what WLC is saying is factual so by morning time, hopefully, somebody will find a source.
Atheist: "Science says it, I believe it, That settles it."
1harpazo
Recognized Member
Sex: Male

Re: First coming of Jesus

Post by 1harpazo »

In Daniel 9:24-26, God gave Daniel a prophecy: 24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place. 25 "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing,.. (NASU)". God set the timing of Jesus' first advent about 700 years before it happened. He knew that that was the perfect time.