Judgement Day

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Judgement Day

Post by Dallas »

A little while ago I had a conversation with my brother-in-law. We were talking about judgement day because it fascinates the both of us. So he told me something, and was wondering if he was right, I went to my mentor (so to speak) and asked him this. "When we die, since time doesn't occur to God, will we get judged along side with other people at the same time?" In other words A man who died 900 years ago and i died today (Lord willing) we will get judged at the same time. Not as soon as we die. So the answer he came down to was yes. We get judged at the same "time" as other people who died 900 years ago.

So does this sound right or is it a little bit different'. What have you?
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Re: Judgement Day

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Just to be clear, you're speaking of the day we die as our day of judgement? If so then no, I think a man who died 900 years ago was judged 900 years ago in our time. I think this is just playing around with semantics, really :P I don't think we "wait" to be judged, I think judgment for us happens at the moment of our death, or soon after, and since God can be in multiple areas at once if He wills it, He can judge us along with someone else at the same moment.
As for Judgment Day, the living will be judged at the same time in OUR time, obviously, since Jesus will return to do so.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

There is the judgment at the time of our death and then the final judgment at the "end of time".
It seems that Christ taught both.
The parable of Lazarus for example, tells of judgment at death.
But Christ also spoke of the day with we would be resurrected and the final judgment would happen.
A judgment for the spirit and a judgment for the soul perhaps?
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

We are talking in something outside of our existence. Say we were in 2d and were trying to think in existence in 3d. Although it is possible to project an illusion of 3d in a 2d plane, we would have to know the nature of 3d in order to project it. And even that takes some skill.

Unless we get to experience being outside time ourselves we cannot imagine living without it. Cool thinking though.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.