Question about God the Father

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Question about God the Father

Post by cubeus19 »

Hey all I have a question about God specifically, about the God the Father. Know we know that God the Son, Jesus is God in human form, and the Holy Spirit is God in a immaterial spirit form. But what about God the Father, is He in a visual semi physical form like what Jesus is or is the Father more immaterial like the Holy Spirit? A long time ago, I remember a local pastor on a local religous tv station actually say that he thought that God the Father was immaterial just like the Holy Spirit. Is that the case? If not then what is God the Father like? Does anyone know? Let me know if you all have any ideas on this. Thanks guys.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Question about God the Father

Post by PaulSacramento »

God is spirit ( for lack of a better word) but can appear to be ANYTHING He wishes.
To deal with Humans God must relate to us on OUR level and why no one has ever seen God in his true form ( God speaks and shows Himself through His Son who is his WORD), one assumes that IF God wanted t show himself He could do that in any way He wanted.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Right. If God wanted to appear to us as a "flying spagetti monster" (hahahaa I just HAD to :P) He could, but we'd have NO idea who He was, since we've evolved with the idea that He would show Himself to us in a likeness we'd recognize (aka: human).

I'm really curious to know what He "looks" like. But then again, we have 5 senses in these mortal husks. Who knows what our real senses will be when we pass on :) It might be a whole other way of "seeing". And I'm sure it will be a million times better.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
cyanzachary
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cyanzachary »

When i was a child i imagined Him just like Jesus, same appearance to us. I visualized Him as a fine man wearing a white dress and covered with light and oh with a long beard too. y:-? ...But that was before now i only see Him as the mysterious voice that tells us what is right thing to do. A shining ball like light... y*-:)
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

I would agree with that Pastor the Father would be immaterial like the Holy Spirit just like the Second person of the Trinity who is in a body now as Jesus of Nazareth.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

No real bible verses to say either way..... Guess we'll just have to wait till our time is up to find out :ewink:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte