Isaiah 65 (New Heavens and a new earth)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
mum1983
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Isaiah 65 (New Heavens and a new earth)

Post by mum1983 »

Isaiah 65:17-25 tells about God making new Heavens and a new earth and says "the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed." This puzzles me as I was always taught at the second coming of Christ, all believers will be resurrected and we will live forever or is it "10,000 years" as in the hymn Amazing Grace?? :?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Isaiah 65 (New Heavens and a new earth)

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

mum1983 wrote:<a class="lbsBibleRef" href="http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Isaiah%2065.17-25" target="_blank" data-reference="Isaiah 65.17-25" data-version="NASB">Isaiah 65:17-25</a> tells about God making new Heavens and a new earth and says "the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed." This puzzles me as I was always taught at the second coming of Christ, all believers will be resurrected and we will live forever or is it "10,000 years" as in the hymn Amazing Grace?? :?
It seems to me that you are confusing the Millenial Kingdom with the eternal state. Isa 65:17-25 describes the Millenial Kingdom which will be in effect after Christ's second coming. The eternal state comes after the end of the Millenial Kingdom.

During the Millenial Kingdom the earth will be reinstated to its pristine state as it was in the beginning, when people lived hundreds of years. People will die after very long lives, and there will be sinners; then judgement will come and the earth will end.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
mum1983
Familiar Member
Sex: Female

Post by mum1983 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: During the Millenial Kingdom the earth will be reinstated to its pristine state as it was in the beginning, when people lived hundreds of years. People will die after very long lives, and there will be sinners; then judgement will come and the earth will end.
Thank you. I admit this is one area where I easily get confused because it rarely comes up during church. So say Christ comes back 100 years from now when I have died. Will I then be resurrected and live again during the Millenial Kingdom and then possibly die again?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

mum1983 wrote: say Christ comes back 100 years from now when I have died. Will I then be resurrected and live again during the Millenial Kingdom and then possibly die again?
No. You only die once here on earth. The ''second death'' (Rev 2:11) is separation from God for eternity, for those going to hell. The people who will be alive during the Millenial Kingdom (MK) will benefit from Jesus' physical presence here on earth, just as it was at first for Adam & Eve. As Adam & Eve inhabited a pristine earth and walked with God, so will the inhabitants of the MK. And, as Adam & Eve were tempted and sinned, so will the inhabitants of the MK. Then judgement will come with some inheriting eternal life and others going to the second death.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
CeT-To
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
mum1983 wrote: say Christ comes back 100 years from now when I have died. Will I then be resurrected and live again during the Millenial Kingdom and then possibly die again?
No. You only die once here on earth. The ''second death'' (Rev 2:11) is separation from God for eternity, for those going to hell. The people who will be alive during the Millenial Kingdom (MK) will benefit from Jesus' physical presence here on earth, just as it was at first for Adam & Eve. As Adam & Eve inhabited a pristine earth and walked with God, so will the inhabitants of the MK. And, as Adam & Eve were tempted and sinned, so will the inhabitants of the MK. Then judgement will come with some inheriting eternal life and others going to the second death.

FL
Does that mean we Christians can lose our salvation even in the MK? y:O2

Btw thanks for making this clear it helped me as well :)
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

CeT-To wrote:Does that mean we Christians can lose our salvation even in the MK?
We won't be around in the MK. We'll be dead. You won't lose salvation if you have it, now or then.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

CeT-To wrote:Does that mean we Christians can lose our salvation even in the MK?
We won't be around in the MK. We'll be dead. You won't lose salvation if you have it, now or then.

FL
Right right so MK will be for the humanity that's left after the second coming? Epiiiic
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

CeT-To wrote:Right right so MK will be for the humanity that's left after the second coming?
I haven't got a clue where those people will come from! Sorry!

FL

+ + +

+ + +
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

CeT-To wrote:Right right so MK will be for the humanity that's left after the second coming?
I haven't got a clue where those people will come from! Sorry!

FL
Does it say in revelation that God will wipeout everyone? i don't think so... y:-?

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

CeT-To wrote:Does it say in revelation that God will wipeout everyone? i don't think so...
OK...here is a very brief summary taken from Meno Kalisher's Come and See What Will Take Place in The Future:

-After the Tribulation, Jesus will gather one third of the people of Israel alive on earth at the time (Zechariah 13:8-9) These Israelites will have fled into the wilderness because of persecutions from the Antichrist (Isaiah 63:1-6; Revelation 12: 14-17; Matthew 24:31). This remnant knows that Jesus is Messiah of Israel and the Nations (Zechariah 3:9; Zech 12:10; Romans 11:26).

Meno Kalisher also sees the Millenial Kingdom (MK) populated by 4 different types of people:

1. OT saints, ''all who were saved since creation until the inception of the Church at Pentecost. Their resurrection is the one described in Daniel 12:1-2.''
2. Believers of the Church Age, '' all who died as saved believers in Jesus in the period between the inception of the Church and the Rapture.''
3. Raptured believers, ''all who were taken up into heaven at the rapture without poassing through death.''
4. Tribulation Saints, ''all who came to faith and died as believers in the Messiah during the time of the Tribulation and were later resurrected.''

So... after reviewing all of what is in Mr Kalisher's book (much, much more than what I briefly reported on), I would recommend that you ignore what I've written on this subject and buy the book for yourself. It is about $10 in the USA.

FL

+ + +

+ + +