Judas in Heaven?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Judas in Heaven?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Judas is a controversial character in the Bible, he loved Jesus but betrayed him also and then hung himself because he realised what he had done.
I really feel sorry for Judas and have great pity for him, i wonder if in the end he repented and was taken into the Lord's loving arms?
What do you guy's think, was there redemption for Judas? even though Jesus had not completely forfilled the prophecy of dying and being raised from the dead for our sins to be washed away?
There is a passage in the Bible which i cant find about people who will be in heaven that we wouldn't have thought to be there ( tried to find it in vain ).

Your Friend in Christ
Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Judas in Heaven?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Jesus doe say that there will be many in heaven that one wouldn't expect to see there.
As for Judas, he did his part and while not viewed very nicely by John, he doesn't seem to be vilified in the other Gospels or Acts or by Paul.
One would think that remorse and guilt that leads to suicide means that he truly was repentive, but the bible is silent on the matter so we don't know and would just be speculating.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

judas was needed to furfill the spripture, so it's similar to the question "is pilate in heaven".

Personally I believe he is because he was a disciple of jesus (the most forgiving man in history) and I'm sure he realized what he did was wrong and repented and remember our entire religon is based on forgiveness if one truley repents.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Commander
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Commander »

Judas repented but he took up his sin on his own. He did not receive Christ as his Savior. Thus he is in hell.
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

Romans 10:6-9