The strongest Christians!

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The strongest Christians!

Post by Gman »

Can actually be atheists.... If an atheist ever figures out the Gospel and that Jesus is their Lord, they can actually be some of the most strongest Christians I have ever seen. One guy I heard about in Russia actually helped build an entire University dedicated to Christ.

It can happen folks.. And when they accept Christ, a complete 180, watch out. They can be very very strong in Christ.. :P

Let's not forget Richard Deem also.. The creator of this Godandsceince website who was once an atheist.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Tevko
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The strongest Christians!

Post by Tevko »

So true. I feel that Christians who come to their faith from intellectual inquiry (like C.S Lewis) are given a belief that truly propels them to be active in spreading the Gospel. It's almost like a reward from God to those who tirelessly seek the knowledge that He is.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

It is amazing how God has a plan for all of us ( even the athiest ), and ones that you dont always expect.
But we must remember the strongest Christains are not always the ones in the limelight, somtimes they can be the ones in the backround doing the labour or praying for the completion of a project.
We are all important to God's work in some capacity and any streangth we do have comes from the Father.

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

Wow. I was not expecting this. This is the nicest thing I have seen written about Atheists since I have joined this site (granted not that long ago).

They really can be amazing people. It is important to recognize a person's finer qualities not just their religious label.
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

I also can give you an example. I have a very good friend, he is 50-60 years old and he is a leading missionary in my country and was atheist too. Now he is big boss.

Do you know guys what my mother kept telling me when I was a child? That one person cannot change the world. I never accepted that. One person can do a lot.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart