NDEs?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

NDEs?

Post by Murray »

Hello,

Recently I have been reading alot about near death experiences, and testamonies of christians who have had them. Upon reading these I was sure this was positive proof for solely our god. But then After reading into it some some I saw some NDEs than included Hindus, The the things was, that just as the christians have claimed to have gone to heaven, the hindus claimed to have seen their gods.

So, Is this proof that All NDEs are just images from the brain when the it is shutting down, and that nobody has actually seen heaven?
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
kevdog19
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: NDEs?

Post by kevdog19 »

they're just images in the brain based upon our belief system, if your a Christian you will see the light of Heaven, a hindu might see Shiva etc.. When I had a NDE the first time, I didn't see the light, just shattered reality. The second time I was outside myself looking at myself surrounded by eternal darkness, then purple energy consumed my body and brought me back to reality.
Legatus
Established Member
Location: California, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Legatus »

One doctor noticed that NDE's had a curious common demoniator when one guy had 3 NDE's in a row and was terrified because he said he had showed up in hell. Later (3 weeks), the doctor asked him about it and he said "no, it was a wonder full experience". The doctor then started investigating and found that this was a regular accorance, doctors reported their pataints reporting one thing, and invesigators like phsycologist who talked to the same people later reporting completly different things. Many of the doctor on the scene reports were of hell, and all of those were changed to "wonderfull experiences" later. Doctor reports of patients who were, say Hindu, were of hell, only later would they comepletly change it to something else.

Thus, if you are talking of NDE's, you need to know if this was an on the scene, immediate report, or a report weeks, months, or years later. Only the imediate reports can be believed.

I have only ever heard one report of a man who went to hell and was able to remember it years later (I heard his actual voice on the radio). he said it was very bad. The person interviewing him thought that maybe he was just a wimp, and asked him if he had any other pain he could compare it to. He said "it was worse than the time a freight rain ran over muh leg", he also said that when he spilled burning kerosene on his leg (from a lamp) that that was the worst pain he had ever felt, and that hell was 1000 times worse. Simply speaking, if they have an NDE and go to hell, most people (virutally all) block it out over even a short period of time. Thus, reports of NDE's reported any lenght of time after the immediate fact should be treeted with extreme sceptisism.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Stories like that scare me, and makes me sad for that matter

It's such a shame so many people with such potential will have to experience this one day. :crying:
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Guys,
our own moderator BW had a NDE which involved hell, and led to his conversion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piHZkKFdsFc
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Thanks for the link :)
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I don't think it was an NDE. I think it was a vision. But in any event, as B.W. is here, he can clarify.

His book has been in the top 100 of Christian Sellers for quite some time.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

what is the name of his book?
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

I've always understood Brian's position that this was a NDE.

“I contracted Cholera by drinking contaminated water someone had left in a thermos while I was working at a local construction site. The progression on this disease left me in a severe dehydrated state which became terminal. I was at home and lying in bed when it happened. My breathing was becoming a series of protracted wheezing gasps. Looking around the room, I was amazed that I could see so pristine clear without my glasses. The alarm clock ticked. It was ten minutes till noon. Everything became surreal.”

http://www.testimoniesofheavenandhell.c ... an-melvin/

The book is:
http://www.amazon.com/Land-Hells-Domini ... geNumber=2
Last edited by jlay on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

You're probably right Jlay. My memory is often faulty. I probably should check before spouting off. ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Don't let if happen again, or you'll get your own NDE. :ebiggrin: