Did God Create The Trinity?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Did God Create The Trinity?

Post by B. W. »

puritan lad wrote:
It's clear that the entities referred to in the Bible as "Father", "Son (Jesus)", and "Holy Spirit" are all God, but is it biblical to assume that God has always and still does exist in that eternal state of 3 yet 1? And if so, is it ever stated in the Bible that those three are the only forms God has taken?
This is called "modalism". However, Scripture is clear that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not "forms" of God. They are 100% fully God, in person.
What about the "Angel of the LORD" that prophets have often spoke to, which speaks in the first person when referring to God?
A theophany, but still God (usually the Son - 1 Cor. 10:9, Daniel 3:25, Isaiah 6:1-10 comp. John 12:37-44, esp. v. 41).
I don't question that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God but rather that God has always existed in the form of precisely three seperate forms that interact and have relationships with each other.
God doesn't change. And he does not exist "in the form of precisely three seperate forms", but three separate persons, all of which are 100% God. Christ, the Son, is from of old, from everlasting. (Micah 5:2). When Isaiah saw the glory of "yehovah" (Isaiah 6:5), which was the glory of Christ (John 12:41), the words instructing him (Isaiah 6:10) from the very throne of God are attributed to the Holy Spirit (Acts 28:25-26). Therefore, since "Jehovah our God is one Jehovah" (Deut. 6:4), both the Son and the Holy Spirit are that one Jehovah.
Hi PL and welcome back!

Been a long time my friend! Great Post :esmile:

Truly Deuteronomy 33:26-27 says it too:

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to help you, And in His excellency on the clouds. 27 The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms..." NKJV

"There is none like God, O Jeshurun, who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in his majesty. 27 The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." ESV

Isaiah 46:5

"To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?" KJV

"To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like?" JPS

"Can you compare me to anyone? No one is equal to me. You cannot understand everything about me. There is nothing like me." ERV

"To whom will you liken me and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike?" ESV

Isaiah 40:25,

"To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One." ESV

There is none like the Lord....
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys