Why Create?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
kmr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Why Create?

Post by kmr »

To be honest, I really do not know what God's motives were. If I were forced to answer though, I would have to say that creation is good. That is simply it, to create something good is good in itself. God clearly is good, so perhaps he did good by creating. I believe, the creation of concept itself is a joy and a wonder alone, greater than anything. However, we may never know for truth why. Just, please, stop worrying about the why... we are here, aren't we? We exist and we are conscious in a world of existence are we not? Give praise! Be happy! Find joy! Existence is a boundless good, as far as I can see. Then again, what do I know in the face of God? :amen:
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

kmr wrote:To be honest, I really do not know what God's motives were. If I were forced to answer though, I would have to say that creation is good. That is simply it, to create something good is good in itself. God clearly is good, so perhaps he did good by creating.
Correct. God clearly had only good intentions. If we see someone who has only good intentions, we would describe that person as good. God has only good intentions, and therefore God is good.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
warhoop
Recognized Member

Post by warhoop »

I submitted this question because I believe one's perspective with regards to God's motive for creation has an impact as to one's stance on Genesis. I find it interesting that this statement:
kmr wrote:To be honest, I really do not know what God's motives were. If I were forced to answer though, I would have to say that creation is good. That is simply it, to create something good is good in itself. God clearly is good, so perhaps he did good by creating. I believe, the creation of concept itself is a joy and a wonder alone, greater than anything.
can be made in the face of a YEC tenet of a horribly mangled creation, which as an aside I don't believe can be supported biblically. So I guess I'm curious as to how the former can be reconciled with the latter. If the endgame is "heavenly fellowship," then I understand how creation can be viewed as ruined, but doesn't that then rule out calling it good? My personal commentary isn't that we think too little of God, but we the think too much of ourselves.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

warhoop wrote:If the endgame is "heavenly fellowship," then I understand how creation can be viewed as ruined, but doesn't that then rule out calling it good?
Of course creation is good. To propose otherwise seems to me to be particularly ungrateful. That you are here at all is good. God didn't have to create; yet he did. He allowed you the opportunity to live a long a fruitful life. Enjoy!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia