The Goodness of God

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Cactus
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: The Goodness of God

Post by Cactus »

Gman wrote: God's laws are good, in a sense that when we follow them it will bring forth fruit, not only for he person practising it, but for others as well..
So do you eat pork? Deuteronomy says you shouldn't! God said you shouldn't!
openminded
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by openminded »

1 Corinthians 8:8,13 (although this verse is in the context of sacrificing food for idols, the point Paul makes sounds relevant)

1 Timothy 4:3,4
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

openminded wrote: Since only LDS would refute that John 10:16 refers to Gentiles, I kind of figured you were just joking with me. So I brought up FAIR because that's the only organization besides FARMS that I could see coming up with any legitimate argument that refutes the view that John 10:16 refers to Gentiles.
Yes I'm just playing with you.. I already know that John 10:16 is talking about the gentiles.

Sorry bout that... ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8