Casted to Earth, and Hell

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Zebulon
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Casted to Earth, and Hell

Post by Zebulon »

B.W.,

Luke 10:18

Various versions taken from here: http://bible.cc/luke/10-18.htm

New International Version (©1984)
He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Yes," he told them, "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning!

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.

International Standard Version (©2008)
He said to them, "I watched Satan falling from heaven like lightning.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Jesus said to them, "I watched Satan fall from heaven like lightning.

King James Bible
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

American King James Version
And he said to them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

American Standard Version
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan fallen as lightning from heaven.

Bible in Basic English
And he said, I was watching for Satan, falling from heaven like a star.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said to them: I saw Satan like lightening falling from heaven.

Darby Bible Translation
And he said to them, I beheld Satan as lightning falling out of heaven.

English Revised Version
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan fallen as lightning from heaven.

Webster's Bible Translation
And he said to them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Weymouth New Testament
"I saw Satan fall like a lightning-flash out of Heaven," He replied.

World English Bible
He said to them, "I saw Satan having fallen like lightning from heaven.

Young's Literal Translation
and he said to them, 'I was beholding the Adversary, as lightning from the heaven having fallen;

My 1rst question:
If Satan and his angels have been casted to this world: Where are they, what form are they in.

My 2nd question:
Who are the people living on earth, are they all part of the angels casted living in flesh? Or are we also from heaven and sined by coming to earth in the flesh?

Zebulon
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Casted to Earth, and Hell

Post by B. W. »

Zebulon wrote:B.W.,

Luke 10:18---

My 1rst question:
If Satan and his angels have been casted to this world: Where are they, what form are they in.

My 2nd question:
Who are the people living on earth, are they all part of the angels casted living in flesh? Or are we also from heaven and sined by coming to earth in the flesh? Zebulon
1st question: ...Satan and his angels have been casted to this world: Where are they, what form are they in?

Answer: They would be spiritual beings: in other words, beings that live in another dimension.

The Strongs number 4098 for word (πίπτω / πέτω — pipto(e) / peto(e) translated Fall
As used in Luke 10:18 denotes descending from a higher place to a lower, hence to be thrust down for judgment. In other words, thrust into an arena where one is exposed for who and what they really are beyond all reasonable doubt and objections.

Satan was thrust out of his position in heaven into in a place of judgment.- to expose who an what he is and is like beyond all reasonable doubt.

Now note Rev 12:7, 8, 9 - might make more since in the light of this…

2nd question: Who are the people living on earth, are they all part of the angels casted living in flesh? Or are we also from heaven and sinned by coming to earth in the flesh?

Answer - First part of question: The answer would be NO.

Answer to second part of question: No humanity is from the earth and made from the elements of the earth,

1 Corinthians 15:47, “The first man is from the earth, earthy…” NASB

and note Genesis 2:7

Humanities fall was due to sin — Satan's works exposed — refer to answer for question one...

Aside note: The following is hypothetical speculation only

In Genesis 6:1-4 the Nephilim came about and you could say — polluted the gene pool so that God sent the Flood to rid this from happening. Whether the Nephilim were a mix of inter dimensional beings who experimented on human reproductivity to create a race of humans that were brutal and violent so that that God would be tempted to destroy all humanity and thus unable to keep his word creating the conditions for Isaiah 14:12, 13, 14 — to occur; therefore re-read answer to question one.

Another Note:

Demon entities can and do influence as well as possess people. Jesus went about casting out demons. Our modern world view does not like this but evidences for actual possession abound but our intellectuals do not want to admit to this. Again re-read answer to question one and connect the dots…
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

B.W.,

You are always full of surprise Mister B.W. :ewink:

I did not expect at all you bringing the Nephilims (against or within your answer to my first question).

I will have to meditate on this, my nose in my favorite Bible... and come back to you.

Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.

Zebulon
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

B. W. wrote: In Genesis 6:1-4 the Nephilim came about and you could say — polluted the gene pool so that God sent the Flood to rid this from happening. Whether the Nephilim were a mix of inter dimensional beings who experimented on human reproductivity to create a race of humans that were brutal and violent so that that God would be tempted to destroy all humanity and thus unable to keep his word creating the conditions for Isaiah 14:12, 13, 14 — to occur; therefore re-read answer to question one.
B.W.
Thefore in Genesis 6:4 :
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward,
...and also afterward, this clearly state that they are still here? or am I wrong?
when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
It is not saying that the Nephilims came in to the daughters of men, but the sons of God!

Re-read Genesis 6:4 as a continuous phrase!

Sorry but I am puzzled here y:-/

BUT! In my french bible, the Osty version, it is not said that way... The Nephilims are not mentioned at all.

Zebulon
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Zebulon wrote:BUT! In my french bible, the Osty version, it is not said that way... The Nephilims are not mentioned at all.
I checked 3 French Bibles I have. The Nephilim are mentioned by name in the Bible de Jérusalem; in both the Semeur and Louis Segond versions, the Nephilim are refered to as «géants» in Ge 6:4, giants. Nephilim = giants...it's the same thing.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Zebulon wrote:BUT! In my french bible, the Osty version, it is not said that way... The Nephilims are not mentioned at all.
I checked 3 French Bibles I have. The Nephilim are mentioned by name in the Bible de Jérusalem; in both the Semeur and Louis Segond versions, the Nephilim are refered to as «géants» in Ge 6:4, giants. Nephilim = giants...it's the same thing.

FL
It is not mentioned (as Nephilims) in my Louis Segond version neither in my Fides (1955) version; neither in my french and english Darby version. It is in most of my other english versions (KJ and elses). Nevertheless the fact that Nephilim is or not mentioned is not important towards my question and, by the way, there is a strong possibility that the fact they are called giants comes from a Jewish mystic named Rashi (about 1040-1105). Nephilim means the ones who make other falls, or the fallen; thus, that they where giants or not doesn't make any difference to me.

From B.W. : The Strongs number 4098 for word (πίπτω / πέτω — pipto(e) / peto(e) translated Fall
As used in Luke 10:18 denotes descending from a higher place to a lower, hence to be thrust down for judgment. In other words, thrust into an arena where one is exposed for who and what they really are beyond all reasonable doubt and objections.

Zebulon
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

...just for your reference FL my french version of Louis Segond is dated 1974, black pocket version for priests y[-o<

Zebulon
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Ah...I also checked two Spanish Bibles I have about the Nephilim!

-An NVI vesion - similar to an English language NIV in that it is written in modern international Spanish - calles the Nephilim gigantes, giants.

-A Cathoilic Bible in a «Popular» translation (similar to a Living Bible) also calles the Nephilim gigantes. The Catholic Bible comes complete with a Nihil obstat and the Imprimatur.

So your Nephilim are others' giants.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +