Question

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Question

Post by B. W. »

I have been thinking of adding a thread that helps show how the Old Testament reveals the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by its usage of the Hebrew words of Elohim, El, Yahweh, the pronouns used (us, we, I) and the word additions attached or used alongside the words Elohim, El, Yahweh (such as EL-Shaddai, El —yon, Malek Yahweh, haElohim, Panim of Yahweh / Elohim, Ruach, etc and etc.)

The only problem I foresee is that we would be discussing the Trinity and every time we discuss this topic — someone comes along and causes the thread to become locked.

So the question is — should I even attempt this kind of study as it would show that the doctrine of the Trinity is infused all over the OT. Very amazing...

I discovered this over 20 plus years ago and it still amazes me!

Let me know if you think this would be a good study to post or attempt to do in light of past threads that have been locked on this subject?

Opines???
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Question

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

A good subject. Don't worry about the trouble makers.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

That does seem really really amazing that people would get so bad about the trinity. Maybe I'll have to go and find what they are so upset about. I think you should go ahead, though, BW. I'd like to see some more discussion of it. If people get that upset maybe they should be warned, and let others have their discussion. Another board I used to go on did that, and the mods could even ban people from particular threads or thread groups. Anyway, yes, by all means.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

cslewislover wrote:That does seem really really amazing that people would get so bad about the trinity. Maybe I'll have to go and find what they are so upset about. I think you should go ahead, though, BW. I'd like to see some more discussion of it. If people get that upset maybe they should be warned, and let others have their discussion. Another board I used to go on did that, and the mods could even ban people from particular threads or thread groups. Anyway, yes, by all means.

Just look for locked threads!! :esurprised:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

I'm all for it B.W. it's been a while since I've read through the O.T. (In the last month I did read five books in the O.T) and with the central theme of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, it probably would be refreshing and I'm sure new insight would be welcome especially using the original language.

...Oh...and I promise to not get loud. :ebiggrin:
Last edited by Cross.eyed on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Lufia
Recognized Member

Post by Lufia »

I would really like to learn about that.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Lufia wrote:I would really like to learn about that.
Okay, I think we'll try it. I'll start around Christmas - maybe on the 24'th...

:esmile:
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

-
Hi all, I will begin the post as the -- The Old Testament Concept of God ...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: