Why does God blesses the unbelievers?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why does God blesses the unbelievers?

Post by Gman »

Let's not forget that God suffers too... While he was turned into a bloody mess on the cross.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member

Post by TheFlyingChristian »

Gman wrote:
TheFlyingChristian wrote:God also blesses the believers and even more greatly than the unbelievers, knowing that the Holy Spirit is a gift given to man, a lot of Christians receive the Spirit as a gift even though you can prove Christianity through reason only the Spirit can get you to God and make a difference.

I suggest you read Deuteronomy 28
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?bo ... version=31

God bless.
Hi Fly,

I see your point, but I think we also need to be careful on whom we think God blesses or not. From scripture it is pretty clear that God is no respecter of persons.

Ephesians 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
Hi Gman.
Can you please be more explicit about the respect toward persons. I'm perplexed. :?

Thank you.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

TheFlyingChristian wrote:Hi Gman.
Can you please be more explicit about the respect toward persons. I'm perplexed. :?

Thank you.
I shall try my best... I guess I always *gasp* when I hear the terms "believers" and "unbelievers."

There seems to be a certain bias among us Christians when it comes to labeling or distinguishing between the unbelievers and the believers. We as Christians can often paint this scope with a wide brush. I believe we need to be careful when distinguishing between a Christian and a non-Christian. I can't speak for everyone here, but I on more than one occasion have witnessed unbelievers acting more like Christians than the believers. I believe it can be a very fine line before we make such judgments or claims.. That's all...

So to the question, "why does God bless the unbelievers or bless the believers?" could be a moot point since we need to be careful on who we deem as being an unbeliever or not. In other words, perhaps it is "I" who is the unbeliever. Why do I say this? Because I can't honestly say that I'm a believer 100% of the time.

When it comes to God, how do we know whom he blesses or not? I believe God blesses, true, but does God bless one group over another? I don't think it is always necessarily a black or white issue. As an example, in Matthew 8:10-13 Jesus blesses a Roman centurion, (in our eyes a non believer) by healing his servant and then makes the claim "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith." This appears to be a reoccurring theme in other scriptures as well. In Romans 2:9-11 as an example, there appears to be no distinguishing difference between the Jew and Gentile when it comes to God's judgements. These other scripture seem to reflect that as well, 1 Samuel 16:7, 2 Chronicles 19:7, Job 34:19, Proverbs 24:23-24, Colossians 3:25.

Does this help?

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member

Post by TheFlyingChristian »

It does, thank you Gman once again :)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:Why God allows bad things to happen to believers? Bad from whose perspective? Is there anything bad that can happen to a believer whose ultimate destination is eternity with God? Anything in God's plan that we don't understand that appears negative is temporal. Anything bad, from our perspective, has no real meaning when compared to eternity with Christ.
I hope to see my father again as you probably do too Bart and B.W.. I truly miss him... You are right. And what a greater appreciation we will have when one day that which was lost will be returned once back to us again. You can't appreciate the sweet until you taste the bitter....
Yes, I miss my father. He battled Alzheimer's for 13 years. He was and now will forever be a faithful Christian man. I am glad he was a believer and is with the Lord. Looking back at the past 13 years — there was a reason for my father's suffering. We learned a lesson of love that otherwise would never have been known. I now know he his whole again. Now in the light of eternity what is a mere 13 years? I fear for the unbelievers as their eternity will not be grand as my father's is now.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

B. W. wrote: I now know he his whole again. Now in the light of eternity what is a mere 13 years? I fear for the unbelievers as their eternity will not be grand as my father's is now.
Me too... I cannot figure out why in the world someone would throw away an eternal life and bank on this life. We think we can live here forever? Even our bodies are growing older. That is why I believe it is important that we make it into the memory banks of God rather than into a memory bank of a computer where it will be forgotten forever.

Like Schmidt said, "Once I die and those who knew me die, it will be as though I never existed..."

In other words.. Bank on God!

pointus
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by pointus »

i agree