Nostradamus

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

I agree, but can't see any reason why they would embellish in this case. Did a quick check around his supporters sites, and all but one have similar accounts.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

It's probably true. I don't put much faith in prophecies anyway, since the prophet may see stuff that he is unable to properly interpret anyway.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I didn't really know if Nostradamus was a prophet as thats why i posted this, to see if their is evidence otherwise.

Your right he did study a lot of wierd junk as i would put it. Its evident that in most of his predictions he's just blurting stuff out and coding them in some way to be very ambiguous and fit almost every scenario possible.

Yes on further reading of Nostradamus it seems evident he's no biblical prophet. Rather it appears Nostradamus sought to gain knowledge of future events from God but this wasn't revealed to him so he sought other sources.

Yeah my thoughts of God revealing the future seem outlandish now as that would be pointless, since the bible had long since provided us with everything we needed to know.

Enemies over this? I don't choose to believe because on further inspection there's nothing to believe :wink:

Thanks for everyone's input, my question seems to be thoroughly answered and the conclusion I've come to is that he's a man who very much wanted to be a prophet.