Hell

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Hell

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I'm wondering a lot of ideas from hell have been taken from Dante's inferno. I was talking with someone of does God really need infinite punishment from finite life. I mean when it comes to Hell is it more of a literal torment or spiritual. Like when you dead you dead. That's the torment. You go nowhere. Your dead.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Hell

Post by Philip »

Usagi: Like when you dead you dead. That's the torment. You go nowhere. Your dead.

How is that torment if a dead person ceases to exist in any form or have any awareness? And how is God's justice achieved if all unbelievers merely cease to exist. So, a Hitler, etc. can be a mass murderer and will never punished, or will receive the same fate as seemingly decent people who nonetheless permanently reject Christ? Also, a perished unbeliever will never desire / only want to forever deny God - which will be an ongoing sin. Note the "rich man" in the story of Lazarus - though permanently separated from God and in utter misery, he still shows no desire to embrace God. Scripture indicates that the punishments for those in hell will be different from each other: https://www.carm.org/about-sin/are-ther ... t-in-hell/
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I mean wouldn't the punishment be you can never be in paradise. You soul is completely destroyed. I been speaking to an atheist. And even before then I had questions on Hell. Like can anyone get out of Hell but than again they also had time to stop.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Usagi: I mean wouldn't the punishment be you can never be in paradise. You soul is completely destroyed. I been speaking to an atheist. And even before then I had questions on Hell. Like can anyone get out of Hell but than again they also had time to stop.
You must realize that the most important thing about Heaven is that it is / will be the abode of God / Christ! Those that have permanently rejected God will never desire Him or what He desires for those that are His. Oh, they like the idea of a heaven of no strife, pain or worries, or a place of glorious skies, butterflies and angels. And they will hate being punished. But they will never wish they were with the Lord they have hated. Why would they desire God / Christ, which is the very "thing" they spent their entire mortal lives avoiding / running away from, or despising? They will want ONLY, an escape from the punishment, to remain their own personal god, to have nothing to do with the true God, and desire a heaven that doesn't exist, constructed as THEY so desire.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Someone sent me this video

https://youtu.be/8xTcDU-cMAg

What do you guys think?