Kingdom of the Cults

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Kingdom of the Cults

Post by kateliz »

I just finally bought it. What do you guys think of it?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Kingdom of the Cults

Post by ageofknowledge »

The 2nd edition is very good. For example, their analysis of Buddhism was spot on. I talked with a man who was a very good martial artist who had been a devoted Buddhist and converted to Christianity after many years who told me the presentation of Buddhism and the apologetic response in the 2nd edition was flawless.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

lol Wow, four years for a response. Thanks, ageofknowledge. I wasn't even aware that a second edition came out. Will have to look into that.

Btw, I like your name. True as it is, we're certainly no age of wisdom, being also the Laodicean Age. And that gets me down in some way every single day. Our knowledge can't even be put to good use as a result. Quite the shame. Men of old would've done drastic things to know some of what we know now.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

kateliz wrote:lol Wow, four years for a response. Thanks, ageofknowledge. I wasn't even aware that a second edition came out. Will have to look into that.

Btw, I like your name. True as it is, we're certainly no age of wisdom, being also the Laodicean Age. And that gets me down in some way every single day. Our knowledge can't even be put to good use as a result. Quite the shame. Men of old would've done drastic things to know some of what we know now.
Yes Ma'am and thank you. The 2nd edition is the one to have. Vastly expanded on from the 1st edition. Best wishes.