Salvation Equation? Jesus Coming back in 2028?

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
claysmithr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Salvation Equation? Jesus Coming back in 2028?

Post by claysmithr »

https://10lovecommandments.com/
http://2028end.com
https://undeniablebiblicalproof.com/

-------------------------------------------------------
His salvation equation is A (man's duty) + B (God's duty) = C (salvation)
B = Jesus death and ressurection
A = Repentance, or follow the 10 commandments (which confuses me because I thought Paul said we didn't have to observe the sabbath in Colossians 2:16-17

-----------------------------------------------------
My view on the salvation equation, where
A = Faith which leads to repentance, where repentance means living a God pleasing life

----------------------------------------------------

I found these sites through the youtube channel '2028 end' where he has also stockpiled Christian heaven/hell testimonies, and he makes some good points in his own videos.

What do you think? It would actually take a good chunk of time hearing his side of things, but I feel like he is well researched and makes some good points.

Thanks!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Salvation Equation? Jesus Coming back in 2028?

Post by RickD »

At first I was like :shock:

Then I was like y:-?

Then I realized you were testing us.

You couldn't, in any amount of seriousness, post links to a works based salvationist/false prophet.

Good one claysmithr! You almost got me, and it isn't even April Fool's Day!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

In Jesus' own words, we are told NOT to try and wonder WHEN the end will come.
Acts 1: 6-8

So, maybe we should listen to Him.
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

Jesus said we should be be on watch for his return.

"No man knows the day nor hour" might actually be a reference to Rosh Hashanah, and notice he never said we can't know the year.

Also, would you consider Faith that leads to repentance a work? Or would you be a universalist, thinking no one has to do anything to be saved, because that would be considered a work? Do you think man has NO PART to play in his own salvation?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

claysmithr wrote:
Also, would you consider Faith that leads to repentance a work?
I'd have to have you define "repentance" before I could answer that. Many people redefine repentance, to mean "a turning away from sin".
Or would you be a universalist, thinking no one has to do anything to be saved, because that would be considered a work? Do you think man has NO PART to play in his own salvation?
Salvation is by grace, through faith. Many people claim that they believe that, but then they add something to faith, making it no longer through faith. For example, some will say, "yes, I believe salvation is through faith." But then they say we must follow God's commandments, or do something else to keep salvation.

How to have eternal life? It's really simple. John 3:16

Saying that people need to follow the 10 commandments, as the link you posted believes, is making salvation based on our works, which means it's no longer through faith.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

claysmithr wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 am Jesus said we should be be on watch for his return.

"No man knows the day nor hour" might actually be a reference to Rosh Hashanah, and notice he never said we can't know the year.

Also, would you consider Faith that leads to repentance a work? Or would you be a universalist, thinking no one has to do anything to be saved, because that would be considered a work? Do you think man has NO PART to play in his own salvation?
Watching for His return is NOT the same is trying to figure it out or guess, which He tells us NOT to do.
The passage in ACTS is quite clear.
Read it again:
7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority;

Belief is the Key to our salvation, what we have to "do" is believe ( which leads to repentance and redemption).
If we have to "do"something to be saved then Christ's death and resurrection mean what exactly? what did Jesus leave undone? why was His sacrifice NOT enough?
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

I believe that true faith leads to repentance and obedience towards Jesus.

John 3:36 uses the term 'believe' and 'obey' interchangeably, just FYI.

Also, I'm not in 100% agreement with Gabriel, I just thought he had an interesting take on things.

Thanks!

:)
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

How do I delete this post? Sorry for giving this guy more exposure. I repent! :(
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

claysmithr wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:15 am I believe that true faith leads to repentance and obedience towards Jesus.

John 3:36 uses the term 'believe' and 'obey' interchangeably, just FYI.

Also, I'm not in 100% agreement with Gabriel, I just thought he had an interesting take on things.

Thanks!

In John 3:36, there are two separate words, that don't mean the same thing.
Pisteuō, and apeitheō.

If I'm not mistaken, pisteuō means to believe in, or to put trust in.
Apeitheō means to refuse or withhold belief. In John 3:36, it's referring to refusing to believe in, or withholding belief in the Gospel.

Maybe someone who knows Greek, can chime in.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

claysmithr wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am How do I delete this post? Sorry for giving this guy more exposure. I repent! :(
It's never a bad thing to be able to talk about things like this. I'm glad you brought this to light. Maybe it'll save someone from believing this guy.

-Edward R Murrow

mrtzur2015
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mrtzur2015 »

The Holy Spirit is the one convicting the world of sin, he is the one leading us to the understanding that we need a savior and cannot to anything to be good enough or save ourselves.
When someone repents they admit they have sinned against a holy and eternal God and that they understand they are dependent on what Jesus has done on the cross for them to be saved.
Once one repents the Holy Spirit will come live with him and help him live a godly life it is by the Holy Spirit that we can do this no one can overcome sin by themselves. And we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us but without him we are just dry brunches waiting to be thrown in the fire.
So it is not what we are doing to be saved but what he has done on the cross. The payment for the worlds sin.
I also believe the world will no longer be condemned for sin because wether they accepted it or not Christ has died and paid for all sin . Now is just a question of weather they have received him or not.

Another thing is that the first will be last and the last will be first , our rewards does depends on how actions and obedience here on earth but it is regardless of salvation
Paul says in 1 Corinthians 3:15 he will be saved but as someone as barely escaping the flames.
As for our salvation the Bible makes it very clear.
Romans 10:9-10.
claysmithr
Valued Member

Post by claysmithr »

The Holy Spirit has led me back to this book and I change my mind, it is mostly correct, man DOES have a duty towards God for their salvation, and it can be summed up in the word REPENTANCE!

I recommend reading his book, it is filled with THICK biblical truths!

No one can keep the law perfectly, which is why we need part B of the salvation equation, Jesus blood to cover our sins!

However, no law breaker is going to make heaven. The 10 are VERY important for God, and we are to do our best to keep them!

https://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Matt.%2019.16-22 - “And behold, one came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Here Jesus explicitly states that keeping the commandments are the keys to life! When asked "which ones", he starts stating the 10, which can be summed up in the 2.

All throughout the Old Testament God speaks of the wicked vs the righteous. The righteous are those who keep God's law and meditate on it day and night! Those who truly FEAR HIM and WHAT HE CAN DO TO YOUR SOUL!

God gave us ALL a conscience, the ability to know between Good and Evil. What happened to the people who existed before Christs time? By living a righteous life, God could apply the blood of Jesus to them! When they died they went to paradise until Christ unlocked heaven for them!

To remove mans duty towards God is to remove the POWER of THE GOSPEL to live a changed life.

Be blessed.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

claysmithr wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:34 am The Holy Spirit has led me back to this book and I change my mind, it is mostly correct, man DOES have a duty towards God for their salvation, and it can be summed up in the word REPENTANCE!

No one can keep the law perfectly, which is why we need part B of the salvation equation, Jesus blood to cover our sins!

However, no law breaker is going to make heaven. The 10 are VERY important for God, and we are to do our best to keep them!

https://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Matt.%2019.16-22 - “And behold, one came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Here Jesus explicitly states that keeping the commandments are the keys to life! When asked "which ones", he starts stating the 10, which can be summed up in the 2.

All throughout the Old Testament God speaks of the wicked vs the righteous. The righteous are those who keep God's law and meditate on it day and night! Those who truly FEAR HIM and WHAT HE CAN DO TO YOUR SOUL!

God gave us ALL a conscience, the ability to know between Good and Evil. What happened to the people who existed before Christs time? By living a righteous life, God could apply the blood of Jesus to them! When they died they went to paradise until Christ unlocked heaven for them!

To remove mans duty towards God is to remove the POWER of THE GOSPEL to live a changed life.

Be blessed.

First, I'd ask you to define "repentance".

Then, I'd ask you from where in scripture you are getting the word "repentance", so we can see if your definition is actually what the word means. Many works based theologies, change the actual meaning of repentance, to mean something unbiblical, such as "turning from sin". Which falls in line with the false works gospel of obeying the 10 commandments, to gain or keep salvation.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

claysmithr wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:34 am The Holy Spirit has led me back to this book and I change my mind, it is mostly correct, man DOES have a duty towards God for their salvation, and it can be summed up in the word REPENTANCE!

Be blessed.

Nobody is changed into a Christian own their own.There is nothing a person can do to change themselves into a Christian.Yet in ALL other religions the person changes themselves by following laws,rules,rituals,etc that they must live out,which is a works based teaching.They must live a certian way in an attempt to live a certian way according to that religions goals.In Christianity once we get saved we are born again and it is a miracle that God does on the inside of us and this changes us into a Christian so that it is not us changing ourself like in all other false religions but God through the Holy Spirit changing us.

When it comes to salvation in Christianity there is no human effort involved at all other than believing in Jesus and asking to be saved and born again,once this happens it is God changing the person.This is why no Christian can boast in anyone but the Lord,yet people in false religions can boast about all of the good things they have done that others have not done yet in their religion.There is no amount of work we could do as a Christian to make us more saved,etc than when we first got saved.

There is nothing we can do to add to our salvation either. we are either saved by Jesus or not.Jesus paid for our salvation in full.Jesus already fulfilled the law and every work for us already so that oncee you start adding any kind of human effort to Christianity or works you are then doubting what Jesus did for you and it dissapoints him. Jesus was sinnless because he is righteous for us,he carried out every work we must do for us already.

When Jesus teaches about Not everyone who says LORd Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of my father in every example he gives the person is trying to justify themselves to him based on works they have done.We cast out devils in your name and did many wonderful works in your name and yet jesus will tell them depart from me you worker of iniquity.

Jesus said,take my yoke upon you and learn of me and you will find REST. I know it is hard for religious people to put their faith in what Jesus did in order to pay for our salvation in full and it seems too easy but Jesus made it this way for us because of what he did,not what we do. If there were any works we could do to justify us then why would God need to send Jesus to save us? God already gave man a chance to save himself by laws in the old covenant and he failed.We are in the new covenant and it is a blood covenant too(ark of the covenant) because of the blood of Jesus and his blood washes our sins away too(animal sacrificing).We no longer have to have a blood covenant through the ark of the covenant and we no longer sacrifice animals which are works because of Jesus.This is the good news of the gospel,yet by adding human works into it you turn Christianity into a false religion. It only takes alittle bit of leaven to effect the whole loaf of bread.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
DanielTheFollower
Newbie Member

Post by DanielTheFollower »

Those answering against: You have clearly not read through the 10lovecommandments.com website.

If you're going to argue against, please do read through the website. Your arguments are covered there. And your salvation depends on it.

Some verses for you to meditate on:

Narrow is the gate and only a few find it.
If you love me, keep my commandments.
If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
Not all who say 'Lord Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Faith without works is dead.

See https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/ ... mmandments