Simplicity Book FINISHED!

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Simplicity Book FINISHED!

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:FL, it is now on my iPad - first step.
I didn't know they had iPads in Slobovia That's great! :ebiggrin: You, as a physicist, will certainly appreciate it!

FL
Is this a delibarate teasing to make me to read it now?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

1over137 wrote:Is this a delibarate teasing to make me to read it now?
No, no, no! You are already familiar with difficult-to-grasp concepts like up- & down-quarks, leptons, bosons and morons (like me) & strangeness and whatever else populates the imperceivable. Even though Jac wrote the book for the average guy, you will probably get more out of it. Let us know what you think as soon as you read it.

FL :lookingcloser:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by Jac3510 »

I truly appreciate the compliments, FL, but let's not oversell its value. I wouldn't want someone to walk away disappointed. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Chris, reading through the revision, but still see something that doesn't read quite right on the 2nd sentence of the intro.

It reads, "It is one that goes the very nature of what He......"
Should this read, "It is one that goes to the very nature of what He....."
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Bah. Thanks for the catch. Fixed. Will update the link tonight. If you find anything else let me know.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

FL obviously isn't doing a very good job as your editor.
Maybe you could just ask jlay to do it properly. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Err, I was taking a jab at your editing skills FL.
You're not meant to like it. What's wrong with you? :?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Kurieuo wrote:Err, I was taking a jab at your editing skills FL.
You're not meant to like it. What's wrong with you? :?
It's the NEW me! I want to be like you used to be: nice, polite and smart (no...I can't fake smart) loving. Yes! I want to be loving and have friends!

FL y:x
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I never had real friends before. That's why I became the NEW me that is more like the OLD you.
Hmm. Maybe we need to become more like Rick? y:-?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Wait, so liking people and being nice to you makes them like you? I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED!!!
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I'm liking the new Jac. :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:I never had real friends before. That's why I became the NEW me that is more like the OLD you.
You don't want to be like me. I have no friends. I'm just a poor, pathetic soul. :crying:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I never had real friends before. That's why I became the NEW me that is more like the OLD you.
You don't want to be like me. I have no friends. I'm just a poor, pathetic soul. :crying:
Wait, I am confused. Am I supposed to like this? :econfused:
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

OKAY, it's done. I went through all 116 pages, word by word, and I think I got the vast majority of the errors and typos out. I'm sure that there are some I've missed just because no one can get rid of all their own mistakes. But I think I've gotten enough that it can be freely distributed.

So Joel, feel free to link others to it. The OP has been updated with the correct link. The only other thing I plan on doing is next week converting it to a Kindle e-book and putting it on Amazon (for free). I would ask a few of you to post some reviews, but we'll get to that later. For now, I'm exhausted and very happy to be done with the work (minus, I'm sure, minor edits I'll be doing as people notify me of typos). I do hope over the next few months to maybe write a few appendices, and there is a professor I hope will write a foreword to the book for me. I also hope to get a few endorsements from some people I respect. But that's all down the road.

Again, the book is done, as far as I'm concerned. I really hope and pray that somebody gets something out of it! :)
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Uh oh,
check the last sentence on page '1'.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious