Is God a Moral Monster

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Is God a Moral Monster

Post by Silvertusk »

Just ordered this book on amazon by Paul Copan. Was wondering if anyone has read it and what did they think? Will try and post review later when I have read it myself.

God Bless

Silvertusk.
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Is God a Moral Monster

Post by Seraph »

Haven't read it yet. :egeek:

Though this is a book I've been meaning to read. I've heard it referred to a lot in debates and sounds like it addresses a lot of the issues on my mind.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Excellent book and highly recommend it and I have a few times :)

Don't agree with ALL of the opinions, but I can see the understanding and points that Paul makes.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

PaulSacramento wrote:Excellent book and highly recommend it and I have a few times :)

Don't agree with ALL of the opinions, but I can see the understanding and points that Paul makes.
Cool. I will forward to reading this then.

God bless

Silvertusk
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

I have read, and yes it is a good book. It deals with what most would call the greatest difficulties in the Bible.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Callisto
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by Callisto »

I found it very helpful because many things had been nagging at my mind before I read it. Copan does give several reasons (sometimes a big list!) for objections, and even if you don't agree with all of them, you'll probably agree with a few! And then it's suddenly quite reasonable. I'm also reading Copan's "When God Goes to Starbucks", a smaller and broader book on issues that we all deal with today. Haven't finished it yet because I'm busy, but it's good so far.