My Blog about the fallacy of Atheism

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

My Blog about the fallacy of Atheism

Post by neo-x »

Hey guys, I have recently started a blog about problems within the atheist system of belief. It is a humble beginning, I would love to see you guys have a look at it and give your feed back.

It's "I used to be an Atheist!"
johnadavid.wordpress.com
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: My Blog about the fallacy of Atheism

Post by PaulSacramento »

I have had far too many discussions and debates with atheists, LOL !
I have come to the conclusion that they do not WANT to believe in God, especially the Christian God.
Of course when I say "they" I don't mean ALL of them, I mean those that are adamant about the possibility of God not existing.
I like the likes of Hitchens that at least is honest enough to say that he doesn't believe because he doesn't want to.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

yup you are right about the stubbornness. Although my blog isn't about debates, it is just pointing out to people like me who were once atheists to see that not all that they believe makes sense. Hope it helps somebody, even if it is for reference.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

neo-x wrote:yup you are right about the stubbornness. Although my blog isn't about debates, it is just pointing out to people like me who were once atheists to see that not all that they believe makes sense. Hope it helps somebody, even if it is for reference.
Have you read Vox Day's irrational atheist?
Tim Kellers "Reason for God" is also very good.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I haven't but thanks for sharing, I will look into these as well.

without.

StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

PaulSacramento wrote:I have had far too many discussions and debates with atheists, LOL !
I have come to the conclusion that they do not WANT to believe in God, especially the Christian God.
Of course when I say "they" I don't mean ALL of them, I mean those that are adamant about the possibility of God not existing.
I like the likes of Hitchens that at least is honest enough to say that he doesn't believe because he doesn't want to.
I would agree with this 100%. Believing in a Christian God would require self-sacrifice, removal of anything self-indulgent, focusing on others, and not living the way one necessarily wants to live. And they call themselves moral? LOL

Hitchens is an idiot. If he's been that honest, then he should stop publishing garbage to try and convince people to not believe even if they're just searching for the truth. It's people like that who need to simply shut their mouths. However, he will be accountable when he dies for all the people he lead astray. Very sad.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:I have had far too many discussions and debates with atheists, LOL !
I would agree with this 100%. Believing in a Christian God would require self-sacrifice, removal of anything self-indulgent, focusing on others, and not living the way one necessarily wants to live. And they call themselves moral? LOL

Hitchens is an idiot. If he's been that honest, then he should stop publishing garbage to try and convince people to not believe even if they're just searching for the truth. It's people like that who need to simply shut their mouths. However, he will be accountable when he dies for all the people he lead astray. Very sad.
I truly believe the Hitchens is sees all that is wrong with religion ( and there is a LOT of that) and believes that what is right is right in SPITE of religion.
He truly has decided that HIS view of God is the right one and based on that, God sucks.
Does he lead others astray?
That is a tough one because Christ himself says that only those that God chooses can come to Him but at the sametime, we all have free will to come to Christ or not, regardless of anyone elses view, WE make that call.
I think that God is quite possible far more demanding of those you BELIEVE in God and yet cause others to disbelief than He is of those that don't believe and say they don't.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

PaulSacramento wrote:I truly believe the Hitchens is sees all that is wrong with religion ( and there is a LOT of that) and believes that what is right is right in SPITE of religion.
He truly has decided that HIS view of God is the right one and based on that, God sucks.
That is a tough one because Christ himself says that only those that God chooses can come to Him but at the sametime, we all have free will to come to Christ or not, regardless of anyone elses view, WE make that call.
I think that God is quite possible far more demanding of those you BELIEVE in God and yet cause others to disbelief than He is of those that don't believe and say they don't.
I believe Hitchens is the classic apostate. He is surely a textbook case for Romans 1:18,19,20,21,22
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I believe Hitchens is the classic apostate. He is surely a textbook case for Romans 1:18,19,20,21,22
Very true

without.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

DannyM wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:I truly believe the Hitchens is sees all that is wrong with religion ( and there is a LOT of that) and believes that what is right is right in SPITE of religion.
Perhaps, but apostates ( a word I don't care for at all) are made not born.