WBTC

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

WBTC

Post by Jac3510 »

With the backing of a technology firm here in Atlanta, a friend of mine and I have developed a site called The Waterside Community (www.watersidecommunity.com). I'll spare you all the pitch as to how awesome it is (more, how awesome it will be next year - going to add LOTS of stuff), but I do want to let everyone know that we are offering formal classes on the site through the Waterside Biblical Training Center, complete with instructors who have degrees from theological institutions in the fields in which they will be teaching. Classes start pretty soon (July 5), and will be free this quarter. Next quarter, regular rates will apply, but even then, classes are inexpensive - they range from $50 to $100 for an 11 week course.

Classes on the ticket for this quarter are Genesis, James, Greek I, Intro to Missions, Non-Christian Beliefs (essentially, a class on cults), and Practical Apologetics. Again, they're free this quarter, so you can register for as many or as few as you like at no charge (note: there is a one time application fee of $50, since we obviously have to pay someone to set up student accounts). So if you know anyone who would be interested in getting into Bible college/seminary level studies but who doesn't have the time or money to attend seminary, pass the word on. :)

Thanks, and God bless :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: WBTC

Post by B. W. »

Jac3510 wrote:With the backing of a technology firm here in Atlanta, a friend of mine and I have developed a site called The Waterside Community (http://www.watersidecommunity.com). I'll spare you all the pitch as to how awesome it is (more, how awesome it will be next year - going to add LOTS of stuff), but I do want to let everyone know that we are offering formal classes on the site through the Waterside Biblical Training Center, complete with instructors who have degrees from theological institutions in the fields in which they will be teaching. Classes start pretty soon (July 5), and will be free this quarter. Next quarter, regular rates will apply, but even then, classes are inexpensive - they range from $50 to $100 for an 11 week course.

Classes on the ticket for this quarter are Genesis, James, Greek I, Intro to Missions, Non-Christian Beliefs (essentially, a class on cults), and Practical Apologetics. Again, they're free this quarter, so you can register for as many or as few as you like at no charge (note: there is a one time application fee of $50, since we obviously have to pay someone to set up student accounts). So if you know anyone who would be interested in getting into Bible college/seminary level studies but who doesn't have the time or money to attend seminary, pass the word on. :)

Thanks, and God bless :)
Nice site Jac - are you in any of the pictures?

:esmile:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: WBTC

Post by Jac3510 »

Nope. Not the ones on the front page, anyway. That was all professionally done. There will be an interview up with Dr. Tony Guthrie, who chairs the pastoral ministry department at Luther Rice Seminary, in the next week or so that I conducted. We spend about an hour looking at the "art" of preaching, how to be more interesting, etc. At the same time, he gets to promote his book, which I've already reviewed here. So if you do want to see me in action, check back then. :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.