Beyond Belief to Convictions

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
For_Narniaaa
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Beyond Belief to Convictions

Post by For_Narniaaa »

My dad recently recommended Josh McDowell's Beyond Belief to Convctions, and I've been very impressed so far. It does deal with a lot of evidence for Christianity (i.e., empty tomb speculations, prophecies fulfilled...) which is a lot like his book Evidence that Demands a Verdict. At least, that's what I've heard, having never read the latter.

Anyway, BBTC, while having similar things from McDowell's other book, deals more with an attack on postermodernism. I highly recommend it to parents of teenagers, or youth pastors, or teenagers who want to educate themselves, because postmodernism is a big problem, and weakly-convicted teenage Christians easily fall into it. So while Evidence that Demans a Verdict seems to just present a case for Christianity, Beyond Belief to Convctions is about the importance of firmly convicting this generation's youth so that they remains strong in today's culture.

Here's the CBD link: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/ ... iew=covers

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com