Fireproof

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
rodyshusband
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Fireproof

Post by rodyshusband »

Has anyone seen the film "Fireproof"?
Any comments?
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
For_Narniaaa
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Fireproof

Post by For_Narniaaa »

Oh, I loved Fireproof! It made me cry, and I definitely agree with the father when he said: "The sad part about it is, when most people promise for better or for worse, they really only mean for the better."

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

For_Narniaaa wrote:Oh, I loved Fireproof! It made me cry, and I definitely agree with the father when he said: "The sad part about it is, when most people promise for better or for worse, they really only mean for the better."
The "loving someone when they don't deserve it" message was perfect.
I am usually not a big fan of faith based films and this one beat you over the head with emotions. The "fluffy" Christian was kind of hard to take.
...But the overall message was excellent!
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I watched the movie with a very negative attitude. Christian films have a bad tendancy to be underwhelming, to put it charitably. Dramatic sermons is perhaps a good description of most.

Fireproof, however, caught me by surprise. It was far better than I expected it to be. There were one or two cheesy scenes, but overall, I really, really enjoyed it. I also put some of the small things the movie suggested into my own marriage. Granted I've only been married for about seven months, so it's still "easy", but she certainly appreciates it.

If anybody hasn't seen this, I really do recommend it. Very good.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

WEeen't they the same people that producd Facing the Giants? It was good, for all that it was a bit cheesy
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

zoegirl wrote:WEeen't they the same people that producd Facing the Giants? It was good, for all that it was a bit cheesy
Yes, they were the same. I couldn't get through "Facing The Giants". Acting and production values were unbearable.
"Fireproof" was considerably better. The only other faith based film I would recommend is "The Perfect Stranger". Again, very low budget, but it is an excellent "primer" for apologetics.