Genesis Flood

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
gman3215
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Genesis Flood

Post by gman3215 »

Hi, this is my first post hopefully of many. Anyway, any book recommendations on the Genesis flood? I've read The Genesis Flood by John Whitcomb and although it was good, it seemed outdated. I believe in a global flood BTW. Any recommendations?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Genesis Flood

Post by Canuckster1127 »

gman3215 wrote:Hi, this is my first post hopefully of many. Anyway, any book recommendations on the Genesis flood? I've read The Genesis Flood by John Whitcomb and although it was good, it seemed outdated. I believe in a global flood BTW. Any recommendations?
Another Gman? Does this mean there ar 3214 more of you? :pound:

Welcome by the way? 8-}2
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Canuckster1127 wrote: Another Gman? Does this mean there ar 3214 more of you? :pound:

Welcome by the way? 8-}2
Frightening isn't it?
Round, round, get around I get around... Yeah, round, round, get around I get around.. Oooh.
gman3215 wrote:Hi, this is my first post hopefully of many. Anyway, any book recommendations on the Genesis flood? I've read The Genesis Flood by John Whitcomb and although it was good, it seemed outdated. I believe in a global flood BTW. Any recommendations?
I own the book.. It was also done by Herry Morris. It is YEC material... Here is our rebuttal to it.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... flood.html
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
gman3215
Newbie Member

Post by gman3215 »

Thanks for the link. I'm assuming you're not for a global flood? I would like to discuss it. I really need some clarification.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

gman3215 wrote:Thanks for the link. I'm assuming you're not for a global flood? I would like to discuss it. I really need some clarification.
That is correct Gman... We are not for the global flood. We believe that it is not scripturally sound and it also breaks the barrier of the physical as well...

More on it here...

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... f=6&t=2551

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
gman3215
Newbie Member

Post by gman3215 »

I needed to do some research on the subject to understand why I believe what I believe. I'm not opposed to a “local flood” but I've read/found good evidence on both sides. I'm not super educated, nor studied any languages; I just want to understand why I believe what I believe.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

gman3215 wrote:I needed to do some research on the subject to understand why I believe what I believe. I'm not opposed to a “local flood” but I've read/found good evidence on both sides. I'm not super educated, nor studied any languages; I just want to understand why I believe what I believe.
No problem, that is how we learn. Sometimes we have to look at both sides of the coin to get a clearer picture. :)

Please ask questions...