website

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

website

Post by jenna »

One website I would recommend is that of The Restored Church Of God. They have some very good points of view on how the Christian should live. I think it may be worth looking into.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: website

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Thanks for the site.

http://www.thercg.org

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yes, please be balanced. That website B.W. supplied is for the WCG. Not the RCG. Get your facts straight, B.W. I find it hilarious that simply because you don't agree with me on certain things, that you find it "okay" to attack my church and post blogs from people who feel the same as you do. Why not truly be "balanced", and get some blogs on people who find nothing but positive things to say? All you have done is shown ONE side, yours, not the other side. This is not balance, this is an attack, plain and simple.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Failed link, will try again. :oops:
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:Yes, please be balanced. That website B.W. supplied is for the WCG. Not the RCG. Get your facts straight, B.W. I find it hilarious that simply because you don't agree with me on certain things, that you find it "okay" to attack my church and post blogs from people who feel the same as you do. Why not truly be "balanced", and get some blogs on people who find nothing but positive things to say? All you have done is shown ONE side, yours, not the other side. This is not balance, this is an attack, plain and simple.
Jenna,

By your own admission the vast majority of Christendom finds many of the teachings of the RCG to be heretical. This board has a statement of Faith that is in direct contradiction to many elements of your Church.

You have over 800 posts on this board testifying to our patience and willingness to discuss these issues with you.

Perhaps you should keep that in mind before you suggest your positions are being attacked rather than simply disagreed with and evidence and material demonstrating why those positions are not orthodox being put up.

Just a thought.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

I have thought about that, and do appreciate your patience. My point was to B.W. that to remain balanced, why put only arguments AGAINST the church, instead of both sides? That is a true "balance".
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:I have thought about that, and do appreciate your patience. My point was to B.W. that to remain balanced, why put only arguments AGAINST the church, instead of both sides? That is a true "balance".
Do you demonstrate the same "balance?"
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
jenna wrote:I have thought about that, and do appreciate your patience. My point was to B.W. that to remain balanced, why put only arguments AGAINST the church, instead of both sides? That is a true "balance".
Yes, at Least I try to. I do not attack others for their beliefs, or post websites or anything that verbally attacks the way they believe. I listen and respond. I don't agree sometimes, obviously, but I have NEVER called someone "heretical", or their beliefs.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:
Yes, at Least I try to. I do not attack others for their beliefs, or post websites or anything that verbally attacks the way they believe. I listen and respond. I don't agree sometimes, obviously, but I have NEVER called someone "heretical", or their beliefs.
I'll take a closer look at the RCB website and see if I agree with that statement then.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yes, please do. I welcome all to look at it. While I don't expect anyone to agree with them, at least hopefully people will know and understand where I am coming from.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

What is "Armsstrongism"? Please read this link.http://www.realtruth.org/articles/08010 ... igion.html
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenna wrote:What is "Armsstrongism"? Please read this link.http://www.realtruth.org/articles/08010 ... igion.html
This particular quote struck me as odd, not so much because it states God is family but that the implication is more than we are God's children and as such, are already part of his family, but that God intends to expand his family, implying that we are to become a bunch of little gods or that we have achievable god-like potential (a touch of scientology perhaps?).

Here's the quote:
God and Christ enjoy perfect harmony and agreement in everything they do, reflecting perfect outgoing concern, love and cooperation. Scripture reveals that the Father is the supreme leader of a Family that both He and Christ (the Word) have chosen to expand by adding future members!

Traditional Christianity has long been ignorant of this truth, believing instead that God is a trinity—a closed off three-in-one Being who cannot be expanded to include other members. History shows that the trinity concept thrived in ancient pagan religions that existed thousands of years before Jesus Christ built His Church on Pentecost, AD 31. Historical records also prove that this ancient “three-in-one” idea, along with other pagan teachings, was grafted into the visible face of professing Christianity.

Armstrong is effectively branding trinity believers as paganistic and heretical.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

http://www.thercg.org/books/tapom.htmlThis explains the potential of man.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

jenna wrote:http://www.thercg.org/books/tapom.htmlThis explains the potential of man.
Jenna,

Do you recall that I asked you earlier if there were a thread of the teaching of your Church that has been maintained historically since the time of Christ and you answered, yes, there was?

How is it that these "truths" that the RCG is presenting then, are being presented as having been "hidden" for 2,000 years and only now being brought forth to the "true" church, of which only the RCG members appear to qualify ?

That doesn't raise any questions in your mind? Was the Bible itself not enough?