Shock of your life and Aftershock

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Shock of your life and Aftershock

Post by Silvertusk »

Hi guys

I have just finished reading the above books again by Adrian Holloway. Although they are really meant for a younger audience, i have to admit that they do have a powerful impact on me. The first one talks about, in story form, what happens to a Non-Christian, a Luke Warm Christian and a Red hot Christian when they die. That by itself is shocking stuff - but the second book talks about what happens to one of them when they get sent back from seeing Judgement day and how he goes around to his mates and tries to convince them of the love of Jesus. It is well written and a great apologetic book as it sets out what this website covers in layman's terms for teenagers. It is also very powerful especially when you get to the end of the second one.

I know I am being a little vague here, but I dont want to spoil the impact if anyone wants to read them. I just feel that, for me, it really helps me with doubts and renews my sense of awe of who Jesus really is.

Well worth a look. And definately a good book for non-christians on the journey.

God Bless

SIlvertusk.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Shock of your life and Aftershock

Post by FFC »

It sounds good, Silvertusk. I will try to check it out.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?