Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

Welcome! May you be sorely edified here! :)
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
Katelyn
Newbie Member

Post by Katelyn »

Hi, My sister registered on this board awhile ago and I was just waiting until I was old enough to register. :D I'm hoping to participate in some good discussions.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Katelyn, you registered 4 months ago. :o
Anyway, if you are old enough now, please go ahead. We do have a few youngsters on here - Turgy (his post just up there above you) being one of them.
The rest of us are more... er, stately? seasoned? Or just plain old! :D
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Katelyn wrote:Hi, My sister registered on this board awhile ago and I was just waiting until I was old enough to register. :D I'm hoping to participate in some good discussions.

Welcome aboard Katelyn. Jump right in whenever you feel like it. There are some very interesting articles on the main page too. Feel free to explore them.

Byblos.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
andyredeemed
Recognized Member
Christian: No

hello eveyone

Post by andyredeemed »

Hi. My name is Andy, I'm thirty-nine, got five kids and one more on the way, and I work in a warehouse supervising the goods-in dept. I really loved the site and thought it was one of the most sane Christian sites I have seen, and wanted to join. I've been a Christian for some years now but have only really started to get serious about it in the last six or seven. I live in a Christian community with a common purse and all that kind of thing, although I'm not a monk (see above, with the kids etc.). I play guitar, penny whistle, and bash a bodhran sometimes, and I like to paint.
I like listening to music, Larry Norman and Rich Mullins particularly.
Byblos
Old School

Re: hello eveyone

Post by Byblos »

andyredeemed wrote:Hi. My name is Andy, I'm thirty-nine, got five kids and one more on the way,
Hi Andy and welcome to the site. Have you heard of a nifty little gadget called a TV? (:lol: just kidding man, I swear :lol:). I have 2 myself (kids that is, TVs I have 5, which explains why I have only 2 kids - oops, there I go again, sorry :wink:. With 2 kids, my wife and I find it very difficult keeping up with them at times. God bless you. I do come from a large family though (6 kids) so I sort of know what it's like.
andyredeemed wrote:and I work in a warehouse supervising the goods-in dept. I really loved the site and thought it was one of the most sane Christian sites I have seen, and wanted to join. I've been a Christian for some years now but have only really started to get serious about it in the last six or seven. I live in a Christian community with a common purse and all that kind of thing, although I'm not a monk (see above, with the kids etc.). I play guitar, penny whistle, and bash a bodhran sometimes, and I like to paint.
I like listening to music, Larry Norman and Rich Mullins particularly.
We look forward to your participation in the discussions (I know you already started).

God bless,

Byblos.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:TVs I have 5
Byblos, there is also another invention called a book. :wink: :lol: Just kidding. You already know I'm a TV junkie.

Hey, Andy, welcome aboard. This really is a great site. We have the occational debate but it is mostly always in spirit of love and truth. If not then Byblos gets to bring the hammer down. :lol: Have fun.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Hello!!

Post by zoegirl »

Hello all,

Finally got the chance to register.

I am Christian Science teaecher (biology, anatomy & phys, AP bio) who avidly reads the posts. 36 yrs old and finally finished my Masters in biology last summer! 5 long years of teaching and classes

Sometimes I feel like I live in two worlds...I used to go to my graduate classes and, even though I enjoyed (loved) the classes, I would get annoyed at the blanket prejudice against God and faith. Then I would dare to suggest to some CHristians that the universe can be old and I would get the same vehement frothing at the mouth. Sometimes I feel like I am walking on eggshells no matter where I would go. Thankfully I teach at a great Christian school.

Thanks so much for your reason and even your existence.
Would love to know if there are any other teachers here?! Especially science teachers? dare I hope? :D

zoegirl
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Hello!!

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Welcome to the forum zoegirl!

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences with those that disagree with your point of view. It's sad when peeps can't rationally discuss various views without the vitriol spewed. :(

Although I don't subscribe to the old earth creation view, I promise to keep the foam in my mouth as much as possible :wink:

May God enlighten us all and help us grow in love/knowledge and understanding/wisdom.
Have a great day!
zoegirl
Old School

frothing

Post by zoegirl »

Thanks

I certainly did not mean any insult...simply my frustration somtimes when I try to discss with both camps. I am viewed with scorn form both sides. Certainly more often from the science classes (although mostly I get disbelief, like I am some strange new species of animal) Then they are even more mystified when I am willing to sit down in class and not begin an argument immediately.

I always tell my students that with our finite knowledge, we shouldn't think we ever have completely solved the mystery. Currently the scientific data supports an old universe. Am I unwilling to concede that we might discover something about the universe that changes this? absolutely not.

Anyway, better get back to grading :-)
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Welcome Zoegirl.
Look for the name Silvertusk on here as I believe he is a teacher, maybe of science subjects although I am not sure. I'm sure he will be able to talk about the frustrations of teaching with you, whatever his subjects! :wink:

Welcome as well, Andy.
I see you have already jumped into the discussions. Good on you. 8)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

zoegirl wrote:Hello all,

I am Christian Science teaecher (biology, anatomy & phys, AP bio) who avidly reads the posts. 36 yrs old and finally finished my Masters in biology last summer! 5 long years of teaching and classes

Sometimes I feel like I live in two worlds...I used to go to my graduate classes and, even though I enjoyed (loved) the classes, I would get annoyed at the blanket prejudice against God and faith. Then I would dare to suggest to some CHristians that the universe can be old and I would get the same vehement frothing at the mouth. Sometimes I feel like I am walking on eggshells no matter where I would go. Thankfully I teach at a great Christian school.

Would love to know if there are any other teachers here?! Especially science teachers? dare I hope? :D

zoegirl
Hi Zoegirl and welcome to the board. You might be interested in joining a discussion on abiogenesis we're currently having here .

Byblos.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:Hello all,

zoegirl
Welcome aboard zoegirl! Great to have you on our forum with masters in biology... We could use you here. :)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
feathersaturnfly
Newbie Member

Post by feathersaturnfly »

hi,

I'm not sure what to say! A good woman I know passed on the url for this forum, after we talked briefly about Christianity. I'm interested in learning more and becoming a practising Christian. I have a lot of questions and ...Issues, though. I don't feel acceptable, I was a drug addict which is clearly not very 'good', and I had an abortion many years ago. Neither of those things are exactly Christian doings. I know they are both quite personal things to come out with in my first post in this community, but I have nothing to lose by throwing them out there, and I tend to hide a lot of my past in real life and would like to avoid doing that here.

This is disjointed, and not the best of introductions at all! It's probably best if I just be quiet and go read some threads now!

Look forward to reading posts and chatting to people.
Last edited by feathersaturnfly on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome!!

We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Christ is a great, powerful, and loving savior. I hope and pray that you continue with your questions. Don't be quiet, ask away, seek Him...!