Page 151 of 151

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 pm
by 1over137
Hi Eureka, welcome back :)

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:07 am
by Philip
Hello, Eureka! Welcome back!

BTW, I read your first posts, way back in 2012. You state you used to be a Christian, but you later lost your faith. Share a bit about why, please. Update us, if you will.

Glad you're here!

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:18 am
by RickD
Eureka wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 pm
Hello everyone. I doubt anyone on here remembers me, but I used to spend a lot of time on this forum. I've been AWOL for a few years, but my brain is itching for some thoughtful, respectful philosophy. I'm glad to see that several veteran members are still active!
Welcome back Eureka!

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 am
by Malan009
Hello Everyone,
I am SEO Expert and also a student.

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 am
by Storyteller
Malan009 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 am
Hello Everyone,
I am SEO Expert and also a student.
Welcome y>:D<

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:49 pm
by Nessa
Philip wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:16 pm
Teresa, we are excited you are here! You will find friends here, some really smart, helpful, and knowledgeable Christians, and lots of resources and encouragement. You can introduce a subject or just ask a question. We have a good time around here. See you soon!

Philip
Excited being an understatement...

More like

y\:D/ y\:D/ :swow: :swow: :smiledeny: :smiledeny: :jumping: :jumping: :twodancing: :twodancing: :iwantsomething: :iwantsomething: :horseman: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Cos you aren't a bot or male! :mrgreen:

Not that we don't love bots ;)

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 pm
by Nessa
RickD wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am
Mmari wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:55 am
Hi everybody..my name is Gaspar, I'm from Clifton.
Hi Gaspar,

I'm Rick, from my Mom.

:wave:
That sounds sorta creepy y:o)

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:29 pm
by RickD
Nessa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 pm
RickD wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am
Mmari wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:55 am
Hi everybody..my name is Gaspar, I'm from Clifton.
Hi Gaspar,

I'm Rick, from my Mom.

:wave:
That sounds sorta creepy y:o)
Do you need me to explain the birds and the bees?

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:14 pm
by Nessa
RickD wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:29 pm
Nessa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 pm
RickD wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am
Mmari wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:55 am
Hi everybody..my name is Gaspar, I'm from Clifton.
Hi Gaspar,

I'm Rick, from my Mom.

:wave:
That sounds sorta creepy y:o)
Do you need me to explain the birds and the bees?
Yes please! ;)

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:24 am
by 1over137
Nessa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:49 pm
Philip wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:16 pm
Teresa, we are excited you are here! You will find friends here, some really smart, helpful, and knowledgeable Christians, and lots of resources and encouragement. You can introduce a subject or just ask a question. We have a good time around here. See you soon!

Philip
Excited being an understatement...

More like

y\:D/ y\:D/ :swow: :swow: :smiledeny: :smiledeny: :jumping: :jumping: :twodancing: :twodancing: :iwantsomething: :iwantsomething: :horseman: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Cos you aren't a bot or male! :mrgreen:

Not that we don't love bots ;)
And we have lots of nice smileys here :mrgreen:

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 pm
by LonnieOwesn1973
Hello, My name is Lonnie Owens and yes I am a Christian..

Over the years I have been studying the Bible, well since 2013 anyways.

I was baptized SDA when I was 15 and when my mother passed away in 1998 I stopped going to church all together, but on January 17, 2013 at 5:30 am I was woken up from a dead sleep by a voice I had never heard before. The voice asked me one simple question, "Is your faith in me or the Bible?"

Keep in mind that I lived at the end of a gravel road and my closest neighbor was 1/4 mile from me...

the voice sounded as if it were right next to my ear and when I jolted up there was only me and my wife in the room and she was sound asleep and from that moment on I have been deep into the anatomy of the Bible and the doctrine of Christ.

Once God opens your eyes there is no going back to normal anymore because you are chosen and that is the end of that.

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:12 am
by Philip
Welcome to the Forum, Lonnie! That's quite a story!

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:51 am
by RickD
Welcome to the forum Lonnie.

You said:
The voice asked me one simple question, "Is your faith in me or the Bible?"
I'd ask you if you trust in Christ, and what he's done to secure your salvation, or to you trust in yourself to obey God's commandments?

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:59 am
by Philip
"Is your faith in me or the Bible?"
There's a difference between Who God is and what He says???!!! As if there would be a contradiction between God's inspired Words of Scripture and what He would otherwise say or intend? Faith in God also means having faith that what He says and promises are true.